There have been several threads on dual carb setup/tuning/problems.
I've been working with multi carbs since the 60's, was into foreign cars back then and everything had them.
My comment is this;
I think the most civilized and best option for an inline 6 is a triple 1 bbl setup. It is so much easier to maintain and easier to drive. I wonder why more people don't use them.
I haven't built one in years, but the way I built them was this;
On a Chevy, The middle carb was a standard w-1 of the size for a 235. If it was for high performance, the other 2 would be the same. If it was for street the other 2 would be smaller bore W-1's.
The linkage was progressive. Up to 1/2 throttle the engine ran on the center only, just like stock. City, traffic, under 45, great mileage and predictable performance.
Past 1/2 throttle and the end carbs opened in ratio so they were all full open at full throttle.
The end carbs would have the choke assemblies removed, the idle screws closed and the butterflies closed to just touching but not so tight as might stick.
Jetting was adjusted for the engine setup.
Couldn't be easier to maintain. You only set 1 carb for idle and there were no balance issues.
Since a 3 carb manifold is not much difference in price to a 2. The only difference in total cost would be the 3rd carb.
I'm interested in what others think.
The only reason the 2 ton doesn't have them was the look of the 2 oil filled air cleaners was more in keeping with the client's vision of the truck.