After cleaning and examination, the pitman arm is leaking and I have to assume the seals have gone bad. My problem is that I don't know if the steering box is original or from a 78 blazer that was just to build my truck in the '80s. Based on my other post it appears the box is original. I've researched how to replace the seal but can't find anything for a truck this old. Does anyone know how many seals are currently in the steering box that need to be removed? I know I need to take the bolt and washer off. Then get a pitman puller to get the arm off. But my big concern is how many seals are in the arm and how to get them out. Also, do you remove the steering linkage from the arm or leave it on?

Any help and advice on this is appreciated. I checked the manual but couldn't find anything dealing with the gaskets.

Last edited by GMTK; 09/13/2014 6:37 PM.

1955 GMC 100 Series 2