Thanks Shop Shark, Marty and Ed.
I've got the '48 to '53 Chevrolet Truck Shop Manuel. I guess what I need to give to NAPA or any shop that will attempt to rebore the drums is the "standard
diameter" of a new drum. With this information the shop can measure the inside diameter of my drums with a micrometer and determine if there is enough metal
left on my drums that can be rebored without going over .060 oversize.
If that information is in the shop manual, I've been unable to find it. Since no figures are stamped on the drum, the shops won't touch 'em. And, I guess, for
safety reasons I don't want the drums rebored outside of limits.
Jerry


1 1951 Chev Panel with a 350 small block, automatic tranny.
1 2004 Chev 2500 HD pickup... stock
1 1950 Chev 5 window pickup; 261 c.i. engine, 4 on the floor.

With lots of time and money, any Stovebolt can be restored.