| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
12 members (Gdads51, greenie-reddy, Simso, Joe H, 1955 1 Series, Southerntruck, Gib70, 3B, Peggy M, Oswald, Jon G, 1 invisible),
172
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,103 Posts1,056,183 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 52 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 52 | I acquired a few junked trucks and kept EVERYTHING off of them that wasn't rusted. So frame pcs and front axle etc. I have enough stuff to make my own home made side by side.
If I can narrow the front axel, narrow the rear end and put it all on a smaller frame (c-channel) then I'd be able to use my spare 4 speeds/and extra motor (248) on a power-house "mule) that would fit on a 5x10 trailer. and putting smallest possible tires on it would gear it down even lower.
My question: Is it possible to cut and weld those straight front axles? I know it'll be weak at the weld so I could brace it, but I have to ask if anyone has done this with those old axles? Or if they ever narrowed a rear end? My great-granddad did, but he is passed on. Any advice is appreciated!
Whether you think you can or can't, you're right.
Also--in 2004, I invented the spotting alert network in stovebolt after seeing so many trucks when driving around. So that means I am cool.
| | |
| |
| |