| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,238 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2014 Posts: 1 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: Aug 2014 Posts: 1 | I have a 1960 GMC 1/2 ton with the 305A V6 in it. It has been in my family since new, and I feel confident it has not been changed significantly from stock. Whenever I search for spark plugs, I am given two sets of choices: plugs with 3/8" reach and plugs with 3/4" reach. When I inherited it, it had 3/8" plugs in it and I have continued their use because I am not sure of the clearance to the piston head. Does anyone know for sure that a 3/4" plug would be ok? The closest I have gotten to an answer is on the 6066GMC site which recommends a Delco AC4 (3/4" reach) for the 305E, which I believe was after 1964. Were there any clearance differences in the combustion chamber from 305A to the 305E? Thanks for any help or input. | | |
| |
| |