Stay out of 5th. gear while towing and don't overdo it on the timing advance. Towing 2K Lbs. won't be a problem. Before the school system trashed about 20 years' worth of dyno test records when they closed the shop I was running, I could have offered a bunch of documentation on what works best for cam specifications and ignition advance curves where low end and midrange performance is concerned. I had a specific test procedure for trailer tow engines in addition to the round track race engines. Gotta get the race car to the track with something!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!