Why is this supposed to be very expensive or difficult? Seems like any careful person with knowledge, tools, and a calculator could do this. I just need the knowledge of the procedures for some of this stuff.

I already got a set of decent chinese snap gauges, outside mics, calipers, dial indicator, magnetic base, thread taps, torque wrench, Comp Cams degree wheel, etc. The machine shop says they can balance the crank/rods/pistons/flywheel/front pulley.

I plan on getting the machined parts back from the shop, then doing the final assembly myself. I know two toolmakers at work in case I get in trouble with measurements & stuff. I got a swayback garage to work in and enough stubborness to go around. What else will I need? wink

How does anybody else build and engine? Just throw it together and hope it runs?

Chip


Preaching the Hot Rod Gospel according to the 4-stroke apostles:

Suck, Squish, Fire and Fumes