I think it'd be sufficient for camp Stovebiolt.

The pickup handled it well, we traveled about 60-65 mph on the highway without slowing down much for the hills. The main factor was the brakes, even with 4 wheel trailer brakes it was a chore to stop, I kept my eyes on the road way far ahead of us.
A few steep hills on local roads we climbed about maxed out in second gear, similar on a couple down hills, 20 MPH in 3rd gear, could have tried slower and second...

But how well it really did I don't yet know, not sure the weight.
My guess was 3,000-4,000lb each, another educated guess was 5,000 or a little more each. The trailer weighs about 3,000 to start with.
I considered weighing it all at a truck stop but decided I didn't really want to know before we got home. I'll weigh just one generator unit later on.

Grigg




•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-