| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,679 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 323 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 323 | Seeing that I'm new to body work I decided to start on a rear door so I can work on a bench.looking at the door it is in fair shape except any thing that moves. Hinges and latches are shot.i decided to remove the door skin so I could get inside to repair hinge mounts that are torn out. There is no frame or brace for the hinge mounts. It's just spot welded to the sheet metal. Today I was thinking about the old hinges while waiting at the eye doctors. So I could have a piece of metal removed. ( safety glasses let me down) I'm not sure I want to re use them? I looked on line and there are many venders for hinges. Some are adjustable and some even have stops. Now my panel is a mild hot rod when done it will look like a clean old panel so I don't want to do drastic body changes. I also want doors that lock,seal and don't rattle. How about it guys what do you think ? What did you do? Please I'm looking for your input. Pictures to come.
Bill
These old bolts are in my blood. Hard thing is focusing on just one.
1937 Chevy 1/2 ton panel 1953 GMC 2 ton. future car hauler
| | |
| |
| |