More specific,.... Will do Brad,... It does indeed run,... 67,000 original miles on it,.... Would like to open it up for a look-see,... I do have a good contact near by but, he is battling cancer and is in treatment for 8 weeks - he is a 6 cyl fanatic - he will be excited to know I decided to stick with the 235,... In the mean time I'd like to have some direction (you guys here are giving me some as I type),... I like the suggestion wetwilly5757 PM'd me (Patricks Antique Cars and Trucks) if I am saying this right,... I'd like to do the smart checks internally and then Modify with performance stuff and external support (Alternator/starter/oil filter system/carb and such) thanks for the input - this link below was inspiring - even though it is a 292 -
Originally Posted by ClaudeTheTruck
Hidiy Jay32- Welcome to Stovebolt! Try to drill down your situation a little for everyone:
Does the 1958 Apache 235 engine turn over? Will it run? Why does it need to be rebuilt?
What do you consider a "rebuild"- a complete engine teardown to the individual components & built back up, or just the (my broad definition:) external changes you mentioned?
The ignition, starter, generator, & alternator questions & answers would usually be in either here in the engine shop or electrical shop forum (depending on the question), and you can search to see what options there are. John hooked you up with some good info there already, and everybody will be glad to help once you lay out the situation alittle more specific.