| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (tclederman, 68ironhead, 3B, GMCJammer51, Otto Skorzeny, Pre '68 Dave, Jon G, 1 invisible),
124
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,245 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 161 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 161 | My truck has the standard 8 leafs on the rear.I noticed since I got it that it tends to sway like a boat on corners. I put all new shocks in it but it still sways with very little effort. Today I loaded 6 80lb bags of concrete in the back of my truck and it inverted the springs. That's 480 lbs.The bed is made of wood that probably weighs about 300 lbs total. My springs are way too wimpy for my needs. How can I beef them up? I've been told that helper springs is the way to go but I have no idea how to go about this. Anyone got any ideas what I should do to give me a better load capacity? I don't plan on loading up concrete on a regular basis but I'm a carpenter and this truck is intended as a work truck,so I will need to carry materials from time to time.---Jack | | |
| |
| |