| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,139 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 | Both methods work. Because it is a bypass type filter it won't make much if any difference. If you are concerned about running a quart low then by all means add a quart to the filter. I use the time when changing oil about 1 minute to verify pressure. Then add oil until the dip stick says I am good. Others may have a different idea about this but it has worked for me. New motors get the oil in the canister just because I don't want the level to drop when running for the first time. Other wise I just add after I verify pressure.
Steve H
| | |
| |
| |