My motor is a 59 235 with hydraulic lifters.I spoke with the wife of the po yesterday. She told me they never drove the truck since they put the rebuilt motor in it because it had no oil pressure.That was almost 30 years ago. It sat in a field since then.When I first started it up the lifters were noisy.The pressure gauge read 30 lbs.I ran it several times over a couple months adjusting things and looking it over. At some point the lifter noise stopped and once I got all the fuel issues resolved it ran good. I am now driving the truck and the oil pressure is good at all speeds and temperatures.
Now I'm just wondering.What would have made them think there was no oil pressure? I can't ask him,he died years ago. She doesn't know anything about it.
I'm thinking that there may have been something clogging the pump inlet and it since has resolved itself but I'll probably never know. Any thoughts?---Jack