Hello - I'm seeking out tips/tricks from experienced stove bolters specifically on replacing the single master cylinder (with a rebuilt single) on my 54' 1/2 ton. I've owned the truck for a little over a year..so not the most experienced with them.
As these things often occur, the job started with replacing a leaky wheel cylinder. When I got in I realized the wheel cylinder, along with one on the other side, were original or darn near original. Soft lines were old, and stiff...and hard lines were fused. One thing led to another...and I decided to replace all brake hardware, hard and soft lines and master cylinder. I want originality...so not upgrading to disc or dual MC.
Ok, the job looks pretty straightforward...even for a shade tree mechanic, like myself. However, I'm admittedly a little intimidated on how best to access/remove the nicely hidden MC. I have the shop manual, which is great for the basics, but was hoping a search in the forum would lead to a nice write up by someone...but no go.
So, a long story - long - can anyone provide tips on removing/replacing the M/C? Any other tips as they relate to the hard lines? I see there are to lines coming out of the back of the M/C...not familiar with the fitting on the back.
Thanks in advance!
Kevin