safety wire is fine in airplanes, cut up coat hangers make the best hooks for hanging things, electrical tape is most useful fixing garden hoses, but the best of it I've ever used came from a phone company installer, wider than any other I've seen and sticks better than any 'self fusing' stuff I've used

I don't recall using electrical tape much in my AF electronics work, but I did do an awful lot of cable lacing on B52s and still do it, way better for maintenance and future additions/modifications ... and like Bart sez, heat shrink is best for insulating connections, the best terminals nowadays have it built in

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics