So here is the deal,i inherited a truck that has been sitting in the woods for the last 15-20 years.the 49 itself is in fair condition and the motor is not seized.it has a 4 speed tranny,I think the motor is a 235 from a 55 truck.
My questions are
1)should I convert to 12v right out of the gate and spare myself the 6v headache?
2)do any newer chevy 8 bolt aluminum mags fit this truck
3)would I be better off converting to a 350tpi and 700r4 or keeping it stock,not looking to rod it just want a reliable shop truck.
4) the bed cross rails are rusting out,but new ones don't appear to have the ends to bolt to the box.do they?or should I just build some from rectangular tubing?
I already have the tpi 350 and tranny,along with a decent set of 16" e rated tires if they would fit some type of one piece rim or mag.
Thanks in advance
Pete