Also, most of those trucks were worked and worked HARD. They didnt last. Very few 4x4s were made. I have a 63 GMC K1500 and have not ever seen another in person.
I hear ya. My dad got the truck as a repo from the bank and then he worked it hard for like 20 years. I remember the drivetrain was so worn down it always made like a rattling noise from the transfer case I think. I ended up with it and put a different cab and bed on it then sold it because I had found a project Impala at the time. It would've been nice to keep and restore it but those drivetrain parts were non existent and if you're going to end up putting newer stuff in it what's the point. My cousin ended up getting it from the buyer I sold it to years later and he used it then ended up parting out the rusted body and he still has the frame and some parts but I don't see ever finding original drivetrain parts for it.