I understand where you are coming from Matt. I've eaten my share of grime and grinder dust, and had weld splatter burn through my coveralls.

FWIW here is an idea for you. Many years ago I built 6 heavy duty boxes out of 2x6's and plywood to use as under the wheel lifts so I could work safely under a vehicle.

Here's what they look like:
http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu176/lakeroadster/Shop%20Photos/2%20Post%20Lift/Nolift.jpg
http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/...2%20Post%20Lift/DSCF1639_zpsee6b148e.jpg
http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/...2%20Post%20Lift/DSCF1641_zpsd612d632.jpg
http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/...2%20Post%20Lift/DSCF1642_zpsc28447ab.jpg

Lifting is accomplished using a large floor jack that has about a 30 inch lift.

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/...2%20Post%20Lift/DSCF1645_zpsfd5d6eec.jpg

The 2 x 6 materials were left over scraps from a deck we built, and the plywood was left overs from a loft we built in our barn. Everything is screwed together with deck screws.

I've since bought a 2 post lift which makes under the vehicle repairs so much easier. But those under wheel boxes still come in handy all the time.

Sorry if this is a sidestep to your thread, thought it might be helpful thumbs_up

Also.. when repairing the cab support, only replace the corroded portion. On my '65 only the support portion near the rocker was corroded. Instead of replacing the entire support just cut out the corroded section... hope that makes sense. yahoo

John