You know how it is, when you start removing stuff and really getting into one. You will notice all the details. Such as someone else has redone something, bondo, wiring messed with, layers of paint, dozens of small things.......
I have not found one thing that did not look like it came from the factory. Such as the small metal covers that are screwed over the door hinges.
It's a mystery. I am not doing any sandblasting. Just water sanding by hand. When it feathers out, there is no black or any other color. It just feathers out from red to bare metal. The doorjambs or anywhere show no signs of primer.
I have done a lot of the old 2 cylinder John Deeres of the same vintage. They used a super great, yellow primer.
I just thought this was strange. Maybe the EDP is there, and I am just not seeing it?


57 GMC LCF 370
55 John Deere 40-W
59 John Deere 430-W
2000 GMC 4x4
56 John Deere 420-W
Pix on Photobucket