| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,141 Posts1,056,471 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 227 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 227 | On my 1965 C30 truck, sometimes (not every time) I receive what I assume is a spike in the electrical system when I apply my brakes. It will occur at least once in a five minute trip, but I can hit the brake pedal a dozen times without any issues.
This spike will knock out the radio, thus resetting everything. I have one of those new radios where one power lead goes to a full time positive to keep the memory and the other to a keyed switch. I also believe this spike blows the heater fuse if the heater is on.
Where should I start to troubleshoot this issue? Has anyone else run into this? Is this a grounding issue? I just remembered that the spike also occurred (not all the time) when I put on my day-time running lights.
I hate electrical issues... Can anyone help?
1960 Chevy Apache (C10) 1965 Chevy C30 Dump Truck 1966 Chevy C30 Tow Truck | | |
| |
| |