Hello everyone. My name is Rob, and I'm from Central Illinois. I have never owned an AD, but I used to drool over one that was in a neighbor's garage. Unfortunately, she sold it when she had money issues, so that one is long gone. I came across this site while researching a truck I stumbled across today. The one I found is in much rougher shape than the one that used to sit in my neighbor's garage. It's a 1951 3800 1 ton with the full size bed. The body is rough. There is rot in the left side lower cab corner and also in the left side lower cowl panel (between the door and the fender). I would imagine the floorboards are rotted. The interior is all there, if missing some upholstery and padding. The headliner is in tatters. The radio is still there. The engine, unfortunately, appears to be seized. At least, I couldn't turn it by hand. Who knows what would happen if I had a breaker bar? The left rear fender appears to be bashed in at the rear. There is no rear bumper. It needs new tires. I don't remember if there was a tailgate or not. All glass is there. The driver's wing is cracked and deglazing. The passenger wing is deglazing, but is not cracked. The driver's door does not latch, and the passenger door does not open. From the quick glance I took under the truck, the frame appears to be fairly solid. I have included a couple of pictures. My question is this: With the vague information that I have given, do you think it would be worth salvaging? Or part it out and scrap the rest? The current owner is within days of cutting it up and selling it to a scrapyard. I'm trying to prevent that from happening, but I don't have room to store something like this for very long. I can buy it from him, but only if I think I can get it sold relatively quickly. Anybody have any advice?
51 3800 front 51 3800 driver's side