| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Leo, wvstovebolt, SuperSport, Flint48, Red75bronco, 78buckshot, TUTS 59, 1 invisible),
85
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,697 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 183 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2003 Posts: 183 | The horn on my 1952 1/2 ton doesn't work when the engine is at idle. At highway speeds it works great. The truck is 6 volt. I have replaced the horn. I have added a horn relay. I have replaced the wire going up the steering column to the horn. My guess is, like most of the electrical problems with this truck, it is related to a bad ground. My understanding is when I press the horn button I am completing the ground connection (now that I have a horn relay this causes the relay to close). I'm guessing at idle the voltage drops enough to not close the relay. How can I figure out exactly where the ground is failing? Is there something in the steering column that gets dirty/rusty that I can clean? Or add a ground wire to?
My dad always told me, "Don't force it, get a bigger hammer".
| | |
| |
| |