You can get any brand HVLP gun. The autobody forums have arguments all the time on which is best. I settled on a Devilbiss Finishline 4 kit. It has 1.3, 1.5, 1.8 and 2.2 tips included in the kit. It does everything having to do with vehicle resto without any compromise. I then added a Devilbiss Tekna Copper as my main gun for shooting base/clear. It costs a lot to do this, but this is my reasoning... I want to remove as many variables as possible when doing paint work. Its bad enough there are concerns over technique, etc, but add in an inferior paint gun and what you have is a disaster waiting for a place to happen. Now, if my paint is not perfect, its not the gun or the PPG product. Its ME. After several years, this has proven to work really well for me.


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet