Good morning. My son and I recently picked up a 1952 3100. As you can see, the prior owner(s) have attempted to do "something" to the exterior. I'm not sure if all the original paint was removed and then some sort of primary applied or if it was just painted over. There is visible surface rust coming through. There is also a lot of filler in places that was not sanded out very well.

We are not doing a restoration, just want to get it up and running hopefully as a daily driver. I may try to take off bed, fenders, etc to enable a taking care of the nooks and crannies. We can't afford media blasting and don't have the facilities to do anything at home. I need advice on how to remove the paint currently on the truck and then put on some sort of primary/rust preventing agent and then maybe some sort of flat top coat.

Do I get some sort of electric sander/wire brush? Once down to the metal, do I fine sand or just add rust prevention directly on top? Also, we are going to have to attack this piece meal. Maybe one fender then a month later another fender, then maybe a door, etc.

If you could provide links to good videos and/or links to product to use, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by The Hill Boys; 04/07/2014 5:11 PM.

Ron and Ryan Hill
1952 Chevy 3100