Can't get the spitting and sputtering an missing to smooth out. Have a 235 out of a 62 Impala with a Rochester carb. 7004497-C-2 no tag of course with auto choke. Choke is working great, when it gets warmed up the float comes wide open and drops back down when it cools off. Idles wonderful, slightly rough on warm up but smoothes out good. When I take off in it she starts running rough in all three gears and the more I drive it the worse it gets. Do I need to look at this as a carb problem and try to rebuild it or do I just assume it is in the timing. Getting plenty of gas, new brake lines, new plugs. I sure do need some advice from you guys, getting nice here in TN and I am anxious to hit the cruisins. Thanks for any advice you can give.