Hi everyone. Back from a couple of year hiatus. blush Got a little money and started on the truck again. The mechanic that helped me to assemble the rear axle, used silicone to seal the differential and the cover. I bought the gaskets and while disassembling the axles, I noticed one had a deflector and the other did't. I just found a couple on ebay (front and rear), but the gaskets are nowhere to be found. Mine is a 49 GMC 1/2 ton. Rear axle is a HO-33. I saw on a thread that Chev's of the 40s carried them in stock, but the thread was from 2004. Am I looking for the holy grail? Should I go ahead and make the gaskets myself? Is there any difference in material between the gasket that goes between the oil deflector and rear axle flange and the one between the flange and the drum? Does this applies to the front as well? In the parts manual front appears to have an oil deflector as well and two sets of gaskets.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by Chinito Quan; 02/18/2014 4:16 AM.