| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (crenwelge, JW51, Lostbuthaulinass, Hugh63c10, Gray_Ghost, 1955 1 Series, greenie-reddy),
161
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,237 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 301 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 301 | I'd like to retain the stock shocks if they are expensively workable. I know I can get them rebuilt for around $300 for the pair but I will convert to gas shocks before I spend that much. My question is what is 'normal' action on these. They have the single screw out plug on the bottom and both are much stiffer to push the arm down than up which seems backwards to me. I flushed one out and put fresh hydraulic jack oil in it and it behaves the same just a little stiffer on the down stroke. Are they suppose to be the same resistance travel both ways? Or am I experiencing what is normal? Thanks for any help.
1949 Chevy 3600 1975 W-25 Hurst Olds 1970 GMC 1/2 ton Fleetside 2010 Chevy Silverado
| | |
| |
| |