Me again. Thanks to you, I have been able to plod along and work on my Thing! But, Im Baaaaaack!

Worked on wiring this weekend. And hit a :confused: huh?
The generator dont generate (jumped with screwdriver, no arch)
The battery is a 12v. Off the batt rins 2 wires, one for gages, one for ignition. No "reducer" for these 2 wires. My gages run off WAY off (spedo. and trip dont work)
There is a reducer on my firewall, and somewhere under the dash the 12v wire splits off to these other wires, runs BACK out to the reducer...then BACK in. My lights are 12V, bulbs 6v. Discovered I had power to lights, no power IN lights pulled 12v bulbs out of 88 S10 and poof, lights work....
OKAY This wire works, this one has a brighter test light then that one, this one dont have anything....
Called my Dad with this :confused: Huh? He said "check fuse box" (duh right) well, would be GREAT if I HAD A FUSE BOX. They (previous line of owners)pulled it out. The only fuses I have are as follows
1.) Flasher (says 6v, runs off blinker wires)
AND.) 2 'TWO' fuses on the firewall next to the reducer.
I havent even began to get to the rear end wiring yet. And those of you who have done or messed with wiring know what a "fun" adventure it is trying to get up underneath that dash. I got stuck...need to have a few less cervesas. grin Anyhow. Here is my question...
A) Pull out all wiring and wire all to 12V ad a fuse box
or B) replace bad/frayed wiring, fuses as they are needed on wiring, fix it best I can and run 12v lights and 6v "inside" stuff threw reducer....
Which would you do?
And my blinker inside, it is one of them radiator hose clamped on steering column doohickies they added in later.. Does that, and my pull out light switch need to be 12v beings I am running 12v lights? :hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering:


Chey
LOST1953
My favorite color is CHROME
The ugliest trucks are driven by the prettiest girls wink
I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!
O Lord, WHY did I buy another "Thing"? (again??)
----
1953 Chevy 3800 1-ton Gallery
More photos at MSN
----