Here are some photos of Justin, my 1928 Chevy AB Canopy Express.
The chassis and drive line was made by Chevrolet and included the dash board, hood, fenders, running boards and radiator shell. The body was made by Hercules Body Company in Indiana.
The full story is in the Stovebolt Gallery and is located here: 1928 AB Canopy Express - Justin
The attached photos show:
- The truck being moved from his home in the Sacramento area (JT Morgan moved from Martinez to Fair Oaks in the late 1960's) into the "fairy tale trailer" (not mine, borrowed for the day).
- Four pictures showing me and my friends unloading a reluctant Justin (four flat tires and one seized brake) from his trailer and into his new home in my carport.
- One photo of Justin at the 2014 Ironstone Winery Concours D'Elegance
- Two pics of Laura Forbes (JT's daughter), her husband Ron, and their grandson Eli visiting me and Justin at a car show in 2016. This is the first time that Laura saw the truck together and running since she was six years old!! I gave her a ride and we both cried.
- One photo from 2018 when I got permission from the current owner of the Martinez property to drive Justin there for a photo op. This is the first time he drove under his own power on that property in over 60 years!!!
- One photo of Justin in the Cherry Festival Parade with fruit crates and fake fruit going to market. Notice the name on the side of the truck, "Justin Tyme Produce". ;-)