The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Big Thanks!

Big THANKS to

MONGO
for hosting
the weekend event.

Read all about it.

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
2 members (59 fleet, themmer), 91 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics124,935
Posts1,008,295
Members45,097
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ongoing Therapy
#903433 Thu Dec 13 2012 09:43 PM
T
Tramp Offline OP
Shop Shark
It's been a while since I've posted anything, so here we go again.
I had the truck up and running in just about 2 years after I brought it home. Primer, and with a plywood flatbed so Dawg could go along, and that was good for me.Thank you Lester "Whisker's" Carter for all the help getting it back together. Then one evening I was on the way to town, and the engine started making some strange noises, and after being towed home and taking off the head, I found that the rebuild had went bad, in a big way. So out comes the engine(again).Only had just under 6,000 miles on it, and never have figured out why it went bad. Another rebuild, and I'm back in the saddle. I stopped by a friends place to visit, and he asked why I was still riding around in primer. I told him I wasn't a painter, and he said he could fix that. So the next day he's at the house at 8 in the a.m. and we are going after it like a couple of madmen. 8 days later it's covered in new colors. And I'm a happy camper. Thanks John Schwarz.
The next weekend, with the paint barely dry, I drive it to OKC to show it off to Mom and family, and when I get home, realize the reason I am so sore, is that the steering box has been leaking. Armstrong Power Steering don't cut it for this old man. So that's been reworked and back together.On that road trip, I realized I needed something to hold everything in place under the seat, and after one inquiry on Stovebolt, several of the Bolter's have me set up with an original jack storage set up. There are some really great folks on this site, and I appreciate everything everyone has done to help me with my truck.
I'd like to change out the brakes and go with disc sometime down the road. I've been collecting parts as I can, and soon enough I'll have all the stuff to do the swap. A/C is also on the list, with the Kansas summers being a little on the warm side.
While I was in OKC, my cousin came by and saw the truck. Couldn't believe the work that had been done to it, and told me it wasn't this nice when Grandma bought it new in 64'. I got home, and she had sent me some old photos she had found of when the truck was nearly new. Also found the original invoice when Grandma and family bought it new, as well as the original OK tag that was on the truck. This is the only new vehicle my grandparents ever owned, the same truck I got my license in at 15, and has a ton of good memories that go with it. I live on 3 miles of dirt road, and it takes some doing to keep it cleaned up after going to town, but there is always someone that wants to see it or talk about it when I go anywhere, And Dawg seems to think it's his ride, I just do the driving. I'll never let it go, and have to figure out how to be buried with it when the time comes.My daughter doesn't have too much interest in it, as she seems to think it's just an old truck, without the power steering, brakes, A/C, etc...that she has to have to go anywhere. I'm happier driving this old truck than I would be with a brand new one. Seems the new stuff just doesn't have any soul or character. I get everywhere I want to go in this one, just not as fast.
Thanks again to all the folks here on Stovbolt, and I'll try and keep up with the changes I make as time goes on.
Tramp http://www.flickr.com/photos/tramp54/

Last edited by Tramp; Wed Dec 19 2012 01:56 PM.

dj durant

1964 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
Re: Ongoing Therapy
Tramp #903469 Thu Dec 13 2012 11:28 PM
'Bolter
Thanks to YOU Tramp. Your story makes things more interesting and I'm sure it inspires others to do the same. Way to go champ.

1937 Chevy Pickup [stovebolt.com]

1952 Chevy Panel [stovebolt.com]
52 Chevy Panel [photos.app.goo.gl]

Pictures in my Photobucket [s140.photobucket.com]

1950 Chevy Coupe
https://photos.websearch.com/share/...Nko1cUJCNFFMTVFEUnNRbjFhNTFPc1J4YWV4cmRB

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop