This is a gallery update for my 49 3/4 Ton. I just re-did the bedwood from scratch, and changed a bent pushrod. The old wood was only half there and covered with a sheet of plywood. The mounting blocks were also shot. I ordered the blocks and pads from Scott's in Penhold, AB. I later ordered the strips from there as well.
The wood was a different story. Being cheap, I decided to try to make my own. I bought some inexpensive edge-glued pine shelving and cut it to shape. I found the wood dimensions through the Stovebolt Page. I have a circular saw that mounts to a table, so it's almost a table saw. It's not perfect, but the bed design allows for some errors. :-)
I sanded it all smooth, stained it and put 2 coats of exterior verathane on it. I plan to put another coat on the bed now that it is all together.
I made 2 changes to the normal design... I bolted the cross-sills to the frame and made relief spots in the bottom of the boards, and I drilled and tapped holes in a strip of flat-bar welded to the top of the bed sill to secure the ends of the strips. I slotted the heads of carriage bolts and ground off the shoulders to use as cap screws so they match the rest of the hardware.
Here are the pics:[IMG]http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/42999/2008381460057214886S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://inlinethumb44.webshots.com/41643/2611231250057214886S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/17456/2263154930057214886S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/44737/2716120760057214886S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/45593/2566535510057214886S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]