The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Time to gathering together!
Fall Happenings
That time of year with some last chances to get together in bunches. Time to check out:
THE SIDE LOT
From Coast to Coast and some International gatherings listed, too.

Next up: the ODSS gathers this week (Sept 22-24) at a yearly ATHS show in Winchester VA.

Since we put up this promo last week, a bunch of new postings of Swap Meets, Cruisin's, and more
in the SIDE LOT.
See what's happening with a Stovebolt Collective near you
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics129,094
Posts1,046,668
Members46,191
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#489504 Sat Jan 03 2009 06:06 PM
P
Wrench Fetcher
ok heres how i ended up in this wonderful site i have a very large wash on my property i wanted filled with dirt so i had a person look at it and tell me how much it would cost to fill it after i got up off the ground when he told me the price to fill it i thought theres got to be a cheaper way so i looked at new dumptrucks and that was out of the question so i started looking for older dumps when a buddy of mine told me he had a old 1963 c60 apache dump truck that needed some brake work for $1250.00 so i thought brakes are easy fix right wrong as i found out well after putting two rear ends in it i ended up with 1973 rear end i could get parts for and i just loved working on it so i thought lets see if we can find some other parts and low and behold here i am this is the best site i found out there now im going to fix the rusty floors n things like that but i have no clue as to what im doing and thats where you guys came in on my little plan so many thanks in advance BTW my wife is picking up a 1962 wreck today for parts she calls me and says ummm you do know this is junk right sooo begins my saga

Last edited by J Lucas; Sat Feb 14 2009 05:13 AM.

1963 Chevy C60 Apache Dump Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Page
Photobucket pictures
Perry Dean #489508 Sat Jan 03 2009 06:25 PM
Shop Shark
Welcome to the 'bolt! You are ahead of the curve with pictures in your signature thumbs_up and a wife who seeks out parts for you. yahoo

David Colter
pics * 1954 wrecker * 1948 Chevy 1-Ton
No act of kindness - no matter how small - is ever wasted ~~ Aesop
54TOW #489514 Sat Jan 03 2009 06:57 PM
'Bolter
I would say you have already saved enough on hauling the dirt to pay for the truck! I've always said a truck will pay for itself when a car won't.
Welcome to the bolt. Best truck site there is....and you better hang onto that lady of yours. Those kind are harder to find than an old chevy truck smile

1937 Chevy Pickup [stovebolt.com]

1952 Chevy Panel [stovebolt.com]
1952 Chevy Panel [photos.app.goo.gl]

1950 Chevy Coupe
[photos.google.com]

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Achipmunk #489650 Sun Jan 04 2009 02:04 AM
M
Shop Shark
Welcome to the 'bolt cool

There is nothing like a good dump truck thumbs_up

You will find more info than you need here but don't don't be shy when you have questions.

Welcome to the two of you, your wife is definitely a keeper dance

Sabrina
'54 3100

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop