Stovebolt.com
Posted By: Sedgewick Favourite Hand Tools - Fri Jun 26 2020 08:21 PM
My hollow core nut drivers! So useful almost everywhere around the shop, truck and home. I love them. Second favourite are my ratcheting box end wrenches. The ratcheting ends are bigger than non-ratcheting ones but still like them. And finally and I guess it could be considered a hand tool is my cordless drill. Never thought to buy one but HD had a half price sale one Sunday morning about 10 years ago so I bought the set. How did I ever live without one! Built the bunny barn with 5 inch screws in the rafters and walls and just finished a small deck. Had to buy another battery though. And you can but socket adapters so its better yet. No more dragging an extension cord around.
Posted By: BC59 Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Sat Jun 27 2020 02:24 AM
It fit in the hand, therefore 20volt dewalt 3/8" impact, use at work.
Have to brake out the 1/2" air gun once in awhile .
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Sat Jun 27 2020 11:11 AM
Without a doubt, mine is the BFH. Never fails to put a smile on my face when I get to use it to whack the living crap out of something.
Posted By: SmithLakeChevy Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Sat Jun 27 2020 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by John Milliman
Without a doubt, mine is the BFH. Never fails to put a smile on my face when I get to use it to whack the living crap out of something.

Yep...it is amazing how thin you can make an aluminum can with the right attitude.
Posted By: TPR57C Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Sat Jun 27 2020 11:47 AM
John at work I have welded steel pipe handles to the heads . boys were always necking the sledgehammer handles I weld grip on the pipe as well they work well
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Sat Jun 27 2020 12:20 PM
My favorite you ran and not held in your hand.
Yes, thats me years ago.

Don

Attached picture Mike Mack colorado 1979 002.jpg
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Sat Jun 27 2020 12:42 PM
Don ... nono
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Sat Jun 27 2020 12:51 PM
A machine is a tool John.
I ran several that you road on.

BFH? Give me a break! That's kid stuff.
Don

Edit: The question did say HAND tool.
So I would have to say 6" dial calipers or a 1" mic.
Posted By: Phak1 Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Sat Jun 27 2020 01:01 PM
My 18v Makita impact driver is by far my favorite hand tool. I use that more than any other tool I own. Not so much on my truck but anything to do with driving screws it wins hands down!
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Sat Jun 27 2020 01:19 PM
1/2” air impact. It’s so satisfying to crank the pressure up shoot some PB Blaster on a stubborn bolt and zap that sucker out. Over torqued lug nuts are a hoot too.🛠
Posted By: Gord&Fran Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Sat Jun 27 2020 01:57 PM
My mouse. Using it right now!
Posted By: Spotbiltxo Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Sat Jun 27 2020 03:54 PM
I love my set of Husky stubby wrenches. They can get in the tightest of places and I use them all the time. Bought mine on sale at HD.
Posted By: MNSmith Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Sat Jun 27 2020 05:42 PM
Usually, my most favorite hand tool is the one I can't find at any given moment. Or i don't own and need it now, at any given moment.
Posted By: Curt B. Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Mon Jun 29 2020 01:13 PM
My favorite hand tool would be the MPG or manual pulse generator...that little box puts 1,100 ft. lbs of torque at my fingertips.

Attached picture IMG_1038.JPG
Posted By: WE b OLD Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Mon Jun 29 2020 01:33 PM
My cordless drill driver bought more than 30 years ago, Craftsman. The first set of batteries stayed charged for a long time but the replacement set does not last as long. It was an old school heavy so I bought a Worx one and it is lighter and easier to use for a long time. Going to put it to use today building a lumber rack in my shop.
Posted By: TPR57C Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Tue Jun 30 2020 06:42 AM
Favourite hand tool

Attached picture 71B3F823-CE49-4878-829A-91BF7A7686C4.jpeg
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Tue Jun 30 2020 01:16 PM
Don ... ok, fine. If the BFH is kid's stuff, then I am a big kid. So if I have to pick a different tool to be my fav, then I would have to say it's my Victorinox multi-tool. Wear it always. Use it a lot.

Attached picture 20200630_091025[1].jpg
Posted By: klhansen Re: Favourite Hand Tools - Tue Jun 30 2020 05:30 PM
I'm with you John on the BFH, although lately I've been gravitating toward a Dewalt 1/4 hex cordless impact driver I bought last year. Definitely a handy item, and even removes clutch head screws. nanner
© The Stovebolt Forums