Stovebolt.com
Posted By: Eureka Jim Cordless Magnetic Work Light - Wed Aug 01 2018 06:56 PM
I'm just looking for some recommendations about which one or ones you have used and like. Any preference between battery and rechargeable? LEDs best? Bigger is better? Thanks in advance. Jim
Posted By: tclederman Re: Cordless Magnetic Work Light - Wed Aug 01 2018 07:39 PM
Rechargeable - good idea
LED - good idea

I have bought cheap one of various sizes, with hanging hooks and magnets - from Harbor Freight, Northern Tools, Jegs, etc

I have never had one go bad (all foreign manufacture, no doubt).
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: Cordless Magnetic Work Light - Wed Aug 01 2018 08:05 PM
I use the coupon from Harbor Freight to get the free magnetic/hanging LED work light. As Tim says work good and no problems. For larger jobs I would probably go with a professional rechargeable light.🛠
Posted By: tclederman Re: Cordless Magnetic Work Light - Wed Aug 01 2018 09:59 PM
https://www.harborfreight.com/27-led-portable-worklight-flashlight-67227.html
144 lumens - 27 LEDs - magnetic
mine is at least 6 years old

https://www.harborfreight.com/215-lumen-pocket-worklight-63935.html

Other HF LED work lamps.

I got 2 of these about 6-7 years ago.
They are bright and they are handy and they are rechargeable - they are long - good under the hood, but unwieldy in tight places..
Posted By: klhansen Re: Cordless Magnetic Work Light - Mon Oct 22 2018 08:00 PM
I've been using a Pelican LED flashlight with an adjustable head and STRONG magnet recently. The angle head works well with the light stuck to the sheet metal.
Light
I probably wouldn't have bought it myself, but someone gave me a gift card that I had to spend. wink It's intrinsically safe, so you could use it while doused in gasoline big_eek and wouldn't make things go boom! It uses AA batteries. I've found that rechargeables are sometimes hard to get when they finally go bad.The only thing I don't like about it is that getting it to change from spot to flood takes a bunch of tries clicking the on-off switch (timing is touchy). It defaults to both LED's on, which sucks the batteries down a bit faster than just one.
Posted By: J Lucas Re: Cordless Magnetic Work Light - Thu Nov 15 2018 06:16 PM
With Black Friday a week away, I too am looking for a good deal on a good LED rechargeable work light. I have a Black & Decker- Bright Bar and it is finally on it's last legs. It has been a good light for me as I ended up buying two (one at work and one for home). The weak point is the batteries and charger. If you overcharge it, it will kill the battery.

To me, an ideal light would be very similar to the Bright Bar, but would use a battery from a drill or similar rechargeable tool.

John
Posted By: MNSmith Re: Cordless Magnetic Work Light - Thu Nov 15 2018 07:31 PM
They exist, but as far as getting a deal.......

Attached picture snaponworklight.jpg
Attached picture snaponworklight2.jpg
Attached picture milwaukeeworklight.jpg
Attached picture milwaukeeworklight2.jpg
Attached picture milwaukeeworklight3.jpg
Posted By: J Lucas Re: Cordless Magnetic Work Light - Fri Nov 16 2018 02:23 AM
The fact that they keep changing the batteries doesn't make it any easier. I'm sure that deals will be tough or impossible to find, but I will still be watching the ads just the same.

John
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: Cordless Magnetic Work Light - Fri Nov 16 2018 02:34 AM
Got a Kobalt from Lowes about 4-5 years ago and it is still holding a charge. Swivel head, magnet and you snap the end out and plug it straight into the outlet. Its my go to light but I'll never find another that will last that long!
Posted By: hapydirty Re: Cordless Magnetic Work Light - Fri Nov 16 2018 03:51 PM
Caught one of these on sale last year. So far it's been a really good deal. Nice and bright with a couple different light level settings and it bends. Rechargable also.Light
© The Stovebolt Forums