Stovebolt.com
Posted By: KCMongo Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Tue Jul 18 2017 04:55 PM
Charlie "Cletis" Hardin
Just got word Charlie "Cletis" Hardin, Our good buddy and Moderator here on the stovebolt passed over the weekend. Cletis will always be fixed in my mind as one of the best "ole' Truck Guys" Always willing to share his knowledge and offer encouraging words to others on their projects. He will truely be missed in the old truck community and the universe at large. The second picture here is part of his legacy, a picture of Xander (My son) setting in his truck when were at his place in TX. His willingness to help and shepard the younger "truckers" of the world means he will live on through them for generations to come. Keep on Trucking buddy!!
Cletis' Legacy

(Be sure to watch the video here if you have a second, lot's of great pics)
http://thompsonfuneral.com/tribute/details/1042/Charles-Hardin/obituary.html#tribute-start
Posted By: Old 'Burb Lover Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Tue Jul 18 2017 05:09 PM
I was wondering where he's been. Its a sad day and I'm sorry to hear it. frown

Condolences to his family and friends.

Posted By: mo2cyl Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Tue Jul 18 2017 05:48 PM
Very sad day! He will be greatly missed.
Prayers to the family during this tough time.
Than you for posting Steve.

Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Tue Jul 18 2017 06:51 PM
RIP Charlie

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/stovebltr/media/bWVkaWFJZDo2NTkwOTQ3Nw==/?ref=1

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t172/stovebltr/2011/Kansas%20City%20Reunion%202011/101_1046.jpg

http://s160.photobucket.com/user/st...otofAmericanInn.jpg.html?sort=6&o=25

http://s160.photobucket.com/user/st...202011/DSC_0103.jpg.html?sort=6&o=45

http://s160.photobucket.com/user/st...%202011/pic040.jpg.html?sort=6&o=130

Don & Vicki King
Posted By: 1953 panel Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Tue Jul 18 2017 07:29 PM
Very sad to hear that. Condolences to June and the rest of the family.
Leo
Posted By: moparguy Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Tue Jul 18 2017 07:42 PM
Only knew Charlie (Cletis) through this forum, he impressed me as being a bit crusty but helpful and knowledgeable. Gave me some great advise. Guess we know now why he was selling off his very nice GMC trucks and parts recently.

Condolences and Prayers.

Ron R
Posted By: TPR57C Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Tue Jul 18 2017 08:24 PM
Had the pleasure of meeting Charlie in Kansas City 2 years ago and went out for dinner with him he had a love of music as well as Chevys may he rest in peace from Karen and Tim he called June sunshine which was fi
Posted By: truckernix Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Tue Jul 18 2017 08:36 PM
Oh that is really sad news. My condolences to the family. I had no idea that he was ill. We will miss him and his knowledge here on the Stovebolt.
Posted By: WE b OLD Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Tue Jul 18 2017 09:10 PM
A sad day for all here and his family, prayers.
Posted By: 48bigtrucks Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Wed Jul 19 2017 12:10 AM
Our condolences to any and all who had the pleasure of meeting Cletis!

Scott and Sherry
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Wed Jul 19 2017 02:45 AM
A minute of silence tomorrow at 11:am would be nice if you can. It only takes a minute. Had many chats with Cletis in K.C., here on the bolt and by personal mail. Prayers are in order for June and children.
Posted By: Paul_WNC Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Wed Jul 19 2017 09:59 AM
I recall Charlie made mention of some health issue when he was selling off a bunch of his parts vehicles, but he did not want to go into the drama of his issues. I never met Charlie but certainly do respect his efforts on this site as he obviously had a mutual love for old iron. He will be missed. Farewell Stovebolt friend.
Posted By: JW51 Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Wed Jul 19 2017 12:25 PM
Only "knew" Charlie through this site, but I know his passing will leave a void. Thankful for guys like him who have passed on so much knowledge. Prayers for the family.
Posted By: idaho39 Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Wed Jul 19 2017 01:03 PM
Sorry to hear the loss of one of this forums finest ..
Posted By: Super55 Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Thu Jul 20 2017 01:21 AM
His was a very familiar name for me on the site. Sorry to hear he has passed on.
Posted By: 32vld Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Thu Jul 20 2017 01:24 AM
Just read about his passing in another thread.
Short time here for me but learnt his name fast
for he made a lot of good posts.

We all will miss him. Jeffrey
Posted By: Rusty64 Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Thu Jul 20 2017 01:25 AM
Sorry to hear this. He was a class act.
I always liked him. Always loved to see his red 55 with the flag in the back window.
I remember some of the reunions back at the American Inn and him (and others) with a guitar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDBBe1ubzaU
Posted By: MexicoSab Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Thu Jul 20 2017 02:38 AM
I am shocked and saddened to hear this news. Charlie was as nice and cool as he was knowledgeable. At Kansas City back in '08, I think it was, Charlie invited us to ride with him in his truck over to Jim Carter's. A true class act. I'll miss you cletis. And thank you also for the neat lighter with the Yellow Rose, I will always treasure it......
Posted By: 52Carl Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Thu Jul 20 2017 02:49 AM
cletis had the best of all time tag line at the bottom of every post. Look it up.
Posted By: jmoore Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Sat Jul 22 2017 12:13 AM
I just bought a water pump from him last month.

RIP Cletis

Posted By: Jim Bow Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Sat Jul 22 2017 01:32 AM
Awww, dammit, one of the goodguys. So sorry to hear this.ss
Posted By: Organbuilder Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Mon Jul 24 2017 04:45 PM
Cletis seems to me one of those characters that is simply always on the forum. It will seem a little bare here for awhile.

Karl
Posted By: Paul_WNC Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Mon Jul 24 2017 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Organbuilder
Cletis seems to me one of those characters that is simply always on the forum. It will seem a little bare here for awhile.

Karl

I totally agree, well put.
Posted By: mapleleaf Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Wed Jul 26 2017 03:39 AM
RIP Cletis. I'll flash up that Texas lighter you sent me here in NS in your memory.
Posted By: 27Capitol Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Wed Jul 26 2017 04:04 PM
I'm so sad to hear this. Charlie was a great guy and will be missed. Our Condolences and prayers go out to June and her family.
Posted By: Rusty Shackleford Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Fri Jul 28 2017 04:56 AM
I am saddened to hear this news. Only knew Charlie/Cletis from the site. He did a great job of keeping us on our best forum behavior. Condolences to his family.
Posted By: Materman Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Fri Jul 28 2017 06:08 PM
Shortly after I joined this forum, I bought a radio delete plate from him for Mater.
I'll always look at that radio delete plate and think of him...... Rest in peace Cletis
Posted By: Silverado_9c3 Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Sat Jun 23 2018 05:03 AM
I just got back into the forum, after working on a truck bed bed for my son today. I got the half a cab, the rear fenders, the bed and the wheels from Charlie April 2017... that was the second time I went out to his place over the years. After he warmed back up to me during the visit, he was back to chatting away best he could with the breathing tube. We walked his whole place, he told me about everything he had left and I literally bought all I could, paying way more then I would on a normal day to help out. Charlie, great guy, staunch moderator, good friend. He told me that day he wouldnt see Christmas, driving home I decided I would have a custom lisence plate made for the bed when I was done with “Cletis” on it so every time someone asked what it was I could tell them of my friend Charlie. He will be missed.
Posted By: tclederman Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Sat Jun 23 2018 08:10 PM
Amen, Silverado_9c3

When you get/install that plate, please show it to us.
Posted By: Mother.Trucker Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Mon Sep 09 2019 11:48 PM
I was cleaning up files on my PC today & ran across an old picture of my long time friend Charlie " Cletis " Hardin.

I still miss the hell outta him.

Looks like he is holdin' a confiscated Viet Cong 762 X 39 Long Barrel AK SKS variant in this picture.

https://thompsonfuneral.com/tribute/details/1042/Charles-Hardin/memorial-video.html#content-start

Attached picture nam001.jpg
Posted By: tclederman Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Mon Sep 09 2019 11:59 PM
Rest in Peace, Charlie

A lot of people remember you with great respect.
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Tue Sep 10 2019 12:33 AM
Charlie asked me, a couple of weeks before he died, if I would take his place as Moderator in General Truck Talk. I hope I am living up to his expectations. RIP dear friend.
Posted By: Mother.Trucker Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Tue Sep 10 2019 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
Charlie asked me, a couple of weeks before he died, if I would take his place as Moderator in General Truck Talk. I hope I am living up to his expectations. RIP dear friend.

Charlie had a pretty direct way of dealing with people in the forums.

I don't know if you are trying to follow in his footsteps or your law enforcement experience has kicked in but....I think Charlie would approve.

If you screw up.... I will be sure to let you know . computer_punch
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Tue Sep 10 2019 02:53 AM
Many conversations with Charlie and his wife June.....last chat was a couple weeks before his death and he simply told me he was waiting to die........one of a kind for sure but one couldn't ask for a better friend.
Posted By: TPR57C Re: Charlie "Cletis" Hardin - Tue Sep 10 2019 10:17 AM
So glad I’ve been to a couple of reunions so good to put faces to names and have met Cletis he was a legend
© The Stovebolt Forums