Stovebolt.com
Posted By: J Lucas 2022? Need Suggestions! - Mon Apr 18 2022 03:26 AM
Any plans in the works for September 2022? If so, maybe we can include a fire pit and have a mask burning ceremony.

John
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: 2022 ? - Mon Apr 18 2022 05:11 AM
I’m trying to find out now if there will be a show this year, but I have my doubt.

Reached out to Gaileen this morning and have not heard back from her yet. Also asked the question on the shows faceplant group.
Next will be Mongo.
There is a another Midwest All Truck National that will be held in August in Indiana. It is a GM only truck show.

If anyone hears anything, let me know and we can maybe get something going.
Don
Posted By: Rusty Rod Re: 2022 ? - Tue Apr 19 2022 12:18 AM
I'd love to get away for a weekend. I'd have to fly in though. I work every other weekend so I've got a 50% chance of being able to possibly come out.
Posted By: Wrenchbender Ret. Re: 2022 ? - Tue Apr 19 2022 03:29 PM
I asked Gaileen about a while back & she didn't know. It is up to Classic Parts. The C-K Magazine truck show is in Independence July 16th. It is all GM but there was a couple of Fords there last year.

George
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: 2022 ? - Tue Apr 19 2022 05:15 PM
Sent a e-mail to Classic part about an hour ago and have not received a response back yet.
In the meantime, I called the Riverside parks department and got bad news.
Classic called and canceled their park reservation about two weeks ago saying not enough manpower.
So, no show this year.

Now to move on.
George's suggestion may be a alternative. It's a one day show and not far from Mongo's Garage July 16.
https://c10shindig.com/
Weather Mongo could host us again is a big question. I'll be contacting him.

So we are looking for ideas and thoughts. I sure don't want this to be the end of the yearly event.

Please give us your thoughts!
Don
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: 2022 ? - Tue Apr 19 2022 05:27 PM
Unfortunately it takes a huge commitment from a lot of folks to put on a show of any size. People willing to get that deeply involved are aging out and the youngsters want to have fun not work. I’ve noticed the years I’ve attended the Reunion that the gate workers and most of the rest of the crew have been senior citizens. I too hate to see the show fade away but it just may be a sign of the times. Time for Stovebolt to whip something up. Don, you got this.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: 2022 ? - Tue Apr 19 2022 05:59 PM
Working on it Martin! But we need input!

Here is another option in eastern Indiana?
https://www.midwesttrucknationals.com/events

https://www.midwesttrucknationals.com/about

Suggestions please!
Don
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: 2022 ? - Wed Apr 20 2022 12:09 AM
I enjoyed thee event at Mongo's last September. I realize that it was last minute gathering but we really had time to talk with each other and sure some good food. The idea of an annual reunion is great but finding a central location and date will be a task.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: 2022 ? - Wed Apr 20 2022 12:27 AM
Thanks Craig, we need more thoughts on a gathering. Vicki and I really liked last years gathering.
Like you said, you have time to get to know each other, instead of all the distractions of a show going on.
I have already contacted Mongo and he is willing to host again, but, July 16 is not that good for him and his family.
Another weekend later in the year, may be able to work. So, we need input, on how to continue this tradition.

Don
Posted By: WE b OLD Re: 2022? Need Suggestions! - Sat Apr 23 2022 10:01 PM
I went 9 years with the truck but just after a short drive in it today convinced me not to consider it. It was only 100 miles to Indy and back and I am worn out. It has cruise control and A/C and most of what my newer cars have. Taking the HHR about the same amount to see my Granddaughter in a dance recital tomorrow.
Posted By: Patina 54 Re: 2022? Need Suggestions! - Tue Apr 26 2022 07:55 PM
Don, if you're looking for Bolters eager to enjoy the hospitality of Mongo, apart from an event, you can add 2. After all, it's only 700 miles from Michigan. We will wait for Mongo to set a date that's good for him. Last year was so enjoyable.
Posted By: J Lucas Re: 2022? Need Suggestions! - Tue Apr 26 2022 08:26 PM
I had a good time as well.

John
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: 2022? Need Suggestions! - Tue Apr 26 2022 11:44 PM
Thanks, input is what I needed to get the ball rolling.
I’ll reach out to Mongo and the Alderson’s to get something going in September.
Maybe the third weekend in September? That way it will not fall on 9/11.

Don
Posted By: J Lucas Re: 2022? Need Suggestions! - Wed Apr 27 2022 03:37 AM
The weekend of September 17-18 works for me. The following weekend September 24-25, will not as I have other plans. Just need to pick the weekend that works best for the majority.

John
Posted By: WE b OLD Re: 2022? Need Suggestions! - Wed Apr 27 2022 01:41 PM
If I could just pudder along and not feel I have to keep up with the flow. I celebrate 911 every day. It was the day my wife filed for divorce. thumbs_up
© The Stovebolt Forums