Stovebolt.com

Missouri?

Posted By: bluesman

Missouri? - Wed May 22 2019 07:47 PM

So, looking through the forums I see the west coast, the south, Texas, Virginia, Illinois, Michigan. But it seems no one wants to claim Missouri! Would this forum be the place for Missourians?

Tim
Posted By: 2-Ton

Re: Missouri? - Wed May 22 2019 08:26 PM

Tim
I have asked John a few years ago about having a section for the Midwest.
We are sort of lost between the great lakes, the south and Texas.
Sometimes I think they are scared of us and a little jealous of the trucks we come across.

But keep an eye on the Reunion threads and try to make that event.
With or without a truck.

Don
Posted By: bluesman

Re: Missouri? - Wed May 22 2019 11:15 PM

I just figured that no one really wanted a bunch of hill billies to be associated with them! If I ever get my truck finished I will plan on bringing it to the reunion, just to show them what an ozark hill billy can do.

Tim

Re: Missouri? - Thu May 23 2019 12:31 AM

Yeah.
I get that feeling with the ODSS gang when I go to the Homecoming with a crazy Australian.
When I say hold my beer and watch this, they really back away.

Don
Posted By: WE b OLD

Re: Missouri? - Tue Jul 23 2019 01:24 PM

No, Don, it is just you personally. nanner

Re: Missouri? - Tue Jul 23 2019 03:27 PM

There you go Tim, Ron's from Maryland and lives in Indiana.
He hain't got a clue about hillbilly life!
Ain't is spelt the way my Grandmother said it.

Don
Posted By: DoubleDingo

Re: Missouri? - Tue Jul 23 2019 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by 2-Ton
Yeah.
I get that feeling with the ODSS gang when I go to the Homecoming with a crazy Australian.
When I say hold my beer and watch this, they really back away.

Don

We picked up an Australian one day when I was about 19. During the summer my hometown gets lots of foreigners, and they have to see Death Valley then Mount Whitney. This guy was just passing through, wanted to check out the area, have some beers and some fun, so we brought him along. We went to the lake and were hanging out at the gazebo drinking some beers. Normally we could go unnoticed, but that guy was rowdy and after a few warnings we got kicked out. A load of fun, but we had to take our shenanigans elsewhere. The next time we went to the lake the Ranger came over and told us we were okay, it was the guy we brought with us a couple days prior that got us kicked out.

Re: Missouri? - Wed Jul 24 2019 02:15 AM

Tim (TPR57C) and I got a hotel room a block away from Beale street, Memphis this past April on a nice Saturday night.
Lets just say, we had a good time, left the next day and still had our bail money in our pockets.
LEO's found out we were on our way to the Homecoming and gave us a free pass to get out of town.

My perception is my reality!
Don

Re: Missouri? - Wed Jul 24 2019 03:33 PM

Good stuff Don (2-Ton)!

Re: Missouri? - Wed Jul 24 2019 11:11 PM

Dingo
I see that you have a Turbo charged Forester.
We have a 2011 TC XL Forester. Bought it new. Probably one of the fastest cars I have ever owned.
It's a sleeper!

Don

Re: Missouri? - Thu Jul 25 2019 03:43 PM

2-Ton
Yeah I got that Forester in 2012. It was the first turbocharged car that I ever drove. It is a blast! Amazing how much power can be generated from a 2.5 liter four cylinder engine. Pulling long grades is no problem, need to pass, just floor it and around you go. The guy I bought it from had a WRX turbo on it and had it up to 354whp, I forget what the torque numbers were, but they too were very impressive. He wanted me to drive it like that but I declined, because there was no way I was going to swap everything over every two years for emissions testing. He had to bring it back to stock to get it emissions tested before selling it to me, so I had him leave it like that. He left on a bunch of suspension goodies so the thing handles like a cat on sandpaper. They are sleepers. The stock hp and tq is enough for me.

Re: Missouri? - Thu Jul 25 2019 04:00 PM

No emission testing here in mid Missouri, so I could hop it up all I want.
But it is fast enough and I did get it up to 120 mph one time and it still had more.
It handled good and I read later the rev limiter was set at 129 mph.
Average mpg is about 24.

But we are way off topic. Maybe if John sees this he will give us a Midwest forum.
Or we could just use the Reunion forum when we are not planning the Reunion.
We've all read about hijacking a thread, We may have to hijack a whole forum topic.

Don
Posted By: WE b OLD

Re: Missouri? - Sun Jul 28 2019 03:50 PM

yahoo nanner
Posted By: Green_98

Re: Missouri? - Thu Aug 15 2019 06:12 PM

New Missouri resident here, just moved to Lee's Summit. (Well, technically I grew up in Missouri, but I have not lived here since 2006). Great to be here.

Re: Missouri? - Thu Aug 15 2019 07:07 PM

Welcome back to Missouri Patrick!
Please try to attend the Stovebolt Reunion.
It's a good time and you will learn a lot and also share what you know!

Read about it here.
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/56/1/stovebolt-reunion-kansas-city.html

The Friday night Alderson BBQ is a must attend event!

Don
© 2019 The Stovebolt Forums