Stovebolt.com
Posted By: TUTS 59 Kansas City - Wed Jul 21 2021 11:57 AM
Is anyone planning to go to the Kansas City Reunion?
Posted By: Wayne67vert Re: Kansas City - Wed Jul 21 2021 12:38 PM
Not this year. It's too far for a 1 day show.
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Kansas City - Wed Jul 21 2021 04:07 PM
I was tossing around the idea of going, as you say it just a 1 day show. It's over 1100 miles one way for me, just can't see it happening.
Posted By: PaPa Joe Re: Kansas City - Wed Jul 21 2021 06:23 PM
I had thought about it. But it is a long drive. I would really like my wife to go with me on my next road trip. And she said no to Kansas City.

And we have life long friends, (couple who stood with us at our wedding) that the wife was recently diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). They live in AZ but will be in VA in September for the birth of their grandson's first baby. We are planning to go visit with them, as long as they are there.

On a more positive note: After our trip to TN I learned a little about transmissions and gear ratios. I like the 3:55 rear gears in my '53, but not this old SM420 tranny. By next year I just may have a T5 paired with a '54-'55 Chevy car rear end (open driveline) behind my 235. Maybe a little better gas mileage. I will still have 4th gear 1:1 for getting over the mountains and an OD (.86) for the rest of the trip. I averaged 15.5-16.5 mpg this year. Shooting for 18-20 mpg next year.
Posted By: klhansen Re: Kansas City - Wed Jul 21 2021 06:43 PM
There are a number of parts suppliers in the KC area (Jim Carter, Classic Parts, etc.) so if a guy needed parts, he could go spend money before or after the show.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Kansas City - Thu Jul 22 2021 02:56 AM
Lots to see in the Midwest and Vicki will make cookies again.

Don
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Kansas City - Thu Jul 22 2021 11:36 AM
I'm considering making the trip, I really want to meet some more of the BOLTER's. It would be better of course with an Old truck but that will have to wait for now. I know I can make time for the trip it's just going alone that doesn't work.
Posted By: TPR57C Re: Kansas City - Thu Jul 22 2021 11:48 AM
I traveled from Australia and loved the whole experience and would do it again in a flash but borders closed for me . Meeting fellow Stovebolters is half the fun. Meeting them again is even better.
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: Kansas City - Thu Jul 22 2021 07:23 PM
TUT, maybe we should talk. I'd like to go as this could very well be my last chance considering a lot of factors. Give me a buzz and maybe we can work out a schedule that will work.......just saying, and its just as cheap for two as it is one!!
Posted By: Roadking55 Re: Kansas City - Tue Aug 24 2021 09:40 PM
Hey Papa Joe
I am thinking of changing out my stock ring and pinon in my 55 1st series. I would like to know more about your trans and rear end in your truck. All of mine is stock as far as I know. I was told a new 3:38 will "slip" right into to my rear end housing. Once I get this truck done, I would like to be able to drive it somewhere without taking all day!
Jim
Posted By: PaPa Joe Re: Kansas City - Wed Aug 25 2021 02:14 PM
Hello Roadking55,
I sent you a PM.
© The Stovebolt Forums