Stovebolt.com
Posted By: TUTS 59 Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Thu Jan 28 2021 07:07 PM
To All,
I'm planning an event for this coming summer the will coincide with the Southern GM Truck Nationals on the 9th and 10th of July just east of Nashville in Lebanon Tn. . The folk at the Truck Nationals have given us the go ahead to set up our "Stovebolt.com" canopy, flag and banner at their show. We will be allowed to park our truck together for the show.

The plan is to meet at the show and afterward gather at the Cedars of Lebanon State Park south of Lebanon. There are Cabin and Camp grounds available for those that wish to stay. I will reserve a pavilion for us to use as group. There are many facilities at the park so be sure and check out the web page.

If you would like to attend the show or gather up with some fellow Stovebolter's please PM me with your contact info. I will send email updates to those that reply.

Please make plans to join us in beautiful Tennessee this summer.

https://gmtruckshow.com/

https://tnstateparks.com/parks/campground/cedars-of-lebanon
Posted By: PaPa Joe Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Thu Jan 28 2021 07:47 PM
Count me in. My son and grandson will be joining me also.
I am installing a new wiring harness, right now. Hoping I get it finished by then. :-)
Posted By: Wayne67vert Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Thu Jan 28 2021 09:22 PM
Wayne and Nelda will be there
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Thu Jan 28 2021 10:53 PM
I plan on being there and hope the evil Redhead will be with me (Vicki).
The Stovebolt awning and flag will be put up and hope to set up a Stovebolt HQ.
I envision the event being something like the KC Reunion.
HRL (Jerry) may even do a rear main bore to replace the old rope seal with a lip seal on a 261?

This is starting to shape up as a big Stovebolt Event.
Thanks to Craig for getting the ball rolling!! And taking the lead!

Don

Edit: What is the name of this event? Southern Stovebolt Jamboree?
Let Craig know your thoughts on the name, but, being from Missouri, I don’t feel like I should have a vote,
Posted By: Hotrod Lincoln Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Jan 29 2021 07:31 AM
I'm planning on reserving one of the 2-bedroom cabin for Friday and Saturday nights. If a few others want to chip in, we should be able to accommodate at least 4 bolters in style, or quite a few more if you don't mind using sleeping bags or cots. It's like the "for sale" ad I saw once:

"Sailboat for sale- - - -sleeps one couple, four really good friends, or 14 drunks!"

LOL!
Jerry
Posted By: 46 Texaco Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Jan 30 2021 12:30 AM
I just made reservations for a cabin and sent the following inquiry to the show organizer:

I will be attending the show in Lebanon with the Stovebolt group and I will be bringing copies of a book that I wrote about full-service gas stations in my hometown. Most of the books will be pre-ordered by members of the group but it is my intention to bring extra copies just to sell out of my truck. I don't want to be in violation of any rules, so my question is do I need to register as a "swap space" even though I don't want to take a space away from my 1946 Chevy? The book is titled Refueling the Past and available at Amazon. My truck was used in my Texaco gas station as far back as 1977 and is an original survivor.

Archie Bentz
608-346-1305
https://tri-citygas.godaddysites.com/

I made reservations to arrive on Thursday and my email is tricitygas@gmail.com I have already talked to John and Peggy Millman and received permission to sell my book under the "greasy spoon" heading, watch for it soon!
Posted By: panel fan Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Jan 30 2021 03:47 PM
I just booked a room at a motel in Lebanon for July 9th and 10th . I hope to be part of the Stovebolt group at the event .
Do I need to pre register with the main event or pay at the gate upon arrival ??
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Jan 30 2021 04:00 PM
John, what Hotel are you staying at?
Myself, I’ll pre register for the show, it will save time when checking in. I also plan on being there Thursday thru Sunday.
If the wife is with me, we may get a room in downtown Nashville Sunday night and check out the entertainment on Broadway.

Anybody know what charity the money is going to?
Don
Posted By: panel fan Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Jan 30 2021 04:31 PM
I've been advised by my financial manager who will be joining me on this venture that we have booked at the Quality in In Lebanon because of the free cancellation within 2 days clause as I'm not 100% sure this Southern Ontario bolter will be allowed across the border to get to Southern U.S.A. I will consider pre booking as the day gets closer . At that point I will also inquire who from the northern sates might be heading south and perhaps form a convoy 10 /4 .
My wife's and my plans were to head to Nashville as well on the Sunday and maybe even Memphis .
How well the truck runs heading south will determine the route home .
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Jan 30 2021 05:11 PM
So your wife will be with you? Looks like you will have to behave then!
I may just join you at the hotel for a after show cold one or three?
Sunday night, the hotel will be within walking distance of the bars in downtown Nashville.
No Worry there.

Don
Originally Posted by panel fan
I've been advised by my financial manager who will be joining me on this venture that we have booked at the Quality in In Lebanon because of the free cancellation within 2 days clause as I'm not 100% sure this Southern Ontario bolter will be allowed across the border to get to Southern U.S.A. I will consider pre booking as the day gets closer . At that point I will also inquire who from the northern sates might be heading south and perhaps form a convoy 10 /4 .
My wife's and my plans were to head to Nashville as well on the Sunday and maybe even Memphis .
How well the truck runs heading south will determine the route home .
Posted By: panel fan Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Jan 30 2021 05:37 PM
What Hotel did you book at ??

P.S. I always behave .
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Jan 30 2021 06:00 PM
Haven't booked yet, I'll wait till about early May to start making reservations.
June and July are busy times for us. We host several family gatherings at the lake holiday house.
I'm thinking about a Stovebolt Meet and Greet BBQ there this may or June.

Don
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Jan 31 2021 01:58 AM
I would recommend that you pre-register for the main GM Truck Show event. I haven't seen anything about limiting the number of participants but the way the last few months have been who knows. Be sure and tell them you are with the "Stovebolt" group.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Thu Feb 04 2021 11:38 PM
Got this back from the show promoter today. I sent him some questions last week.

Southeastern Truck Nationals
Don, this is a laid back show. It's close to 1200 GM trucks in one area. You won't be able to see it all. No charities, all proceeds go toward my mortgage and food on my table. I'll have site map closer to the show with a layout. There will be 12 food trucks on site. Burgers, Hot Chicken, BBQ, Egg Rolls, Snowballs, Ice Cream, etc.

At least he was honest about just making money.
I would rather see some charities get a big cut.
Don
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Feb 07 2021 04:08 PM
To All,
I have reserved a pavilion for our use on Friday the 9th and Saturday the 10th. The pavilion is S7, located near the bathrooms and campgrounds, the facility will accommodate 80 people but is limited to 50 with COVID restraints. There are plenty of tables and a fireplace, and a large grill, parking is near by.

Please check out the facility at https://tnstateparks.com/parks/pavilions/cedars-of-lebanon

I hope to have many more "Bolters" join our gathering this summer.
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Feb 07 2021 04:28 PM
So far I have a partial list of members planning to attend:

Tuts59 (Craig) + 2 camp ground reserved
HRL (Jerry) Cabin reserved
PaPa Joe (Joe) + 2
Wayne67vert (Wayne) +1
2Ton (Don) +1 (possible)
Panelfan +1 hotel reserved
46Texaco
1954 MI (Tom) + 2
Achipmunk ???

If I have overlooked anyone please PM me.. Happy Planning grin
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Mon Feb 08 2021 01:35 PM
So far I have a partial list of members planning to attend:

Tuts59 (Craig) + 2 camp ground reserved
HRL (Jerry) Cabin reserved
PaPa Joe (Joe) + 2
Wayne67vert (Wayne) +1
2Ton (Don) +1 (possible)
Panelfan +1 hotel reserved
46Texaco
1954 MI (Tom) + 2
Achipmunk ???

If I have overlooked anyone please PM me.. Happy Planning grin

And now John L.

10 Members + Family and Friends : 18 Total
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Feb 12 2021 03:38 AM
The list is looking good! Vicki and I have met a good portion of these folks!

Don
Posted By: TPR57C Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Feb 12 2021 05:46 AM
Would be there in a flash if I could I’m sure you will have a good weekend
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Feb 19 2021 04:46 PM
How many of you are planning to bring your truck? There is plenty of parking at the pavilion.
Posted By: Wayne67vert Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Feb 19 2021 05:01 PM
I'm trailering mine. It rides too much like a truck to drive that far. smile
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Feb 19 2021 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Wayne67vert
I'm trailering mine. It rides too much like a truck to drive that far. smile

grin
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Feb 20 2021 03:21 AM
I’ll have something, but it will be on a trailer. Too hot, too far and too old to not ride with ac in July and headed south.
It will probably be the 57 1-ton dually with a dump bed. Or the 65 1-ton dually. Nether one are even near being show material.

Don
Posted By: panel fan Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Feb 20 2021 01:54 PM
I'm planning on driving mine there then take a wondering ,touristy route home .
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Feb 20 2021 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by panel fan
I'm planning on driving mine there then take a wondering ,touristy route home .

I guess you would qualify for the longest distance award . grin
Posted By: panel fan Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Feb 21 2021 03:43 PM
One never knows , but so far those are the only awards I've managed to get A couple of years ago I attended a show some distance from home and some time later a friend informed me that a picture of my truck had made it onto a car magazine , the caption read , ( Someone drove this all the way from Whitby )

John
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Feb 21 2021 04:34 PM
John, when you know about what route you will be taking to and from the Jamboree, let us know.
We can set up a Stovebolt help thread or a meet and greet agenda during your travels.
If your travels include Missouri, the wife and I can put you up in our lake house.
Swim, BBQ, a few cold ones and watch the go-fast boats go by. There also very good scenery just a hundred yards from the house.

Don
Posted By: panel fan Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Feb 21 2021 05:50 PM
Thanks , so far the quickest way would be through Detroit along 75 to 81 but as the date gets nearer I will be posting stuff I have for sale and sales if any will dictate the route I take . On the way home I hope to go by the Tail of the dragon and see if I can drift this truck around a few of the curves .
But if not in July maybe later in the year like September or so or next year my wife and I hope to travel to Los Angeles via route 66 and that should land us close to your location .

John
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Feb 27 2021 07:00 PM
Put new motor mounts on the 37. If we have a cooling trend about the time of the gathering the 37 will get me there.....in a hurry!!!
Posted By: Hotrod Lincoln Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Mon Mar 01 2021 07:07 PM
Use that "260" air conditioner- - - -"2 windows down- - - -60 miles per hour!"
Jerry
Posted By: Sludgeburner Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Mar 05 2021 12:14 PM
Although my truck is a far cry from show worthy, I’m planning on attending.
Posted By: panel fan Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Mar 05 2021 01:26 PM
If it runs its show worthy !!
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Mar 07 2021 02:14 AM
With "Sludgeburner" that make 19 planning to attend. This looks like a really good turn out.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Mar 07 2021 04:36 AM
Craig, is there a running list of who will be there and the route they will be driving?

Don

Edit: Guess I'm just getting excited about the gathering?
Posted By: Wayne67vert Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Mar 07 2021 12:53 PM
I'll be driving up I-75 and I-24 from Florida.
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Mar 07 2021 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by 2-Ton
Craig, is there a running list of who will be there and the route they will be driving?

Don

Edit: Guess I'm just getting excited about the gathering?

I just started another thread.
Posted By: Lugnutz Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Tue Mar 09 2021 07:41 PM
I plan to attend this show. It will be my first time.
I’m not 100% sure what truck I’ll drive, but I’ll be there to meet up with the other ‘Bolters.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Tue Mar 09 2021 10:10 PM
Great Jay! I told the wife about your magic. And hope she joins me in this July road trip.

Don
Posted By: TooMany2count Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Thu Mar 11 2021 05:10 AM
Since it’s on our way back to the St. Louis area April and I plan to make it one of our rest stops before heading there. Hope to see all of you there....joe
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Thu Mar 11 2021 01:46 PM
With Lugnutz (Jay) and ToMany2count (Joe and Wife April) we have 22 members and family. I really like how this is coming together.
Posted By: Wayne67vert Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Tue Mar 16 2021 06:24 PM
I still need to make reservations. Has everyone decided where they are staying?
My wife Nelda is coming with me. We will stay at a hotel.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Apr 02 2021 05:52 PM
Looks like Vicki will be with me and we plan on staying with HRL at the cabin he reserved Thursday and Friday nights.
Saturday and Sunday nights are still up in the air and hope to plan those nights in May or early June.
If someone close to the Nashville area has a place to park a 25 foot goose trailer, we may spend Saturday night and Sunday on Broadway.
Hotel within walking distance. What’s that song? “Dim lights, thick smoke and loud loud music”?

Don

Edit; And I have had my rabies shots.
Posted By: Hotrod Lincoln Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Apr 02 2021 11:02 PM
I'm 60-something miles south of Broadway, but your trailer is welcome at our place! Anything within walking distance of lower Broadway will make a robbery by Jesse James or the Younger brothers look like an amateur caper! I'd suggest finding accommodations a bit further away and letting Uber or Lyft make a little pocket change. I haven't been to that part of town since an idiot with a motorhome full of explosives took out 2nd. Avenue a few months ago, so I have no idea if the night life in that area has recovered yet.
Jerry
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Thu Apr 08 2021 12:59 PM
I just read where HRL (Jerry) won't be able to attend, sorry to hear that. I was really looking forward to meeting the Man the Legend, the Auto Shop Teacher that has chapped my butt on several occasions. grin Maybe next trip ???
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Thu Apr 08 2021 04:09 PM
Craig, I’m hoping Jerry will do a drop in cameo at least one day.
Once you meet him, you will understand more about his outlook on life.

Anymore thoughts about T- Shirts?

Don
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Thu Apr 08 2021 07:30 PM
I have been working on a few ideas for shirts, something that looks professional and stands out. Once I get a couple of final layouts I'll post them for consideration.
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Mon Apr 12 2021 12:32 PM
We may have another joining us on this trip, 593ETow from Edgefield SC would like to join in on the fun. You folks from SC may want to reach out to him about the convoy . This is really coming together and should be a great time.
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Thu May 06 2021 12:58 PM
We are about 2 months out, I'm getting pretty excited about the trip. Still a lot to do, the shirt design is coming along and I have been thinking about what to cook Friday and Saturday at the campground Pavilion.
I'm open to suggestions and any special food items so let me know.
Posted By: PaPa Joe Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Jun 04 2021 04:19 PM
Craig,
I would keep it simple. Burgers and dogs with chips. Members can bring coolers with their own favorite beverage. You can delegate, or ask for volunteers to bring the fixings... lettuce, tomatoes, onion...relish, mustard, ketchup, mayo.
Just my two cents.
Posted By: Just Mark Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Jun 06 2021 11:18 PM
Holy cow how did I miss these threads? I registered for the truck nationals and reserved a room in Lebanon for Friday night back in January. I'll be trailering my 47 GMC to a buddy's place in Crossville Thursday, then driving it to Lebanon for the show and to hang out with y'all Friday-Saturday. Heading back to Crossville Sat after the show then home to Michigan Sunday.

I've been looking forward to this for months, now I'm REALLY stoked about it!

I'm not sure I can leave my truck and trailer in my buddy's neighborhood and may be looking for a place to leave it for a couple days.
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jun 16 2021 06:11 PM
Well folks we are getting close. I was thinking that we could have a cookout and door prizes on Friday evening as some us will be leaving Saturday. As Don and PaPa Joe have mentioned we should just keep the menu simple. With that in mind I'd like to start a list, sign up for what you would like to bring. As most of us will be traveling to the event, anything purchased from a store or restaurant would be great. I will provide the charcoal and utensils as we will have our camper at the campground, I will also bring a few extra folding chairs and a table.. We have the pavilion for Friday and Saturday so please make your self at home and enjoy the park..

If you would like to bring something unique or special then please do, I'm sure we are all up to trying new things (Right???) I hope Jerry can make it as I hear his pulled pork is great (I Can Smoke a Butt with the best of them).

Food Suggestions:
Chicken Breast Filets(I'll provide these)
Hamburgers
Hotdog/Bratwurst
Potato Salad
Slaw
Chips
Baked Beans
Buns
Lettuce/Tomatoes/Onion(I love purple onion on a burger)
Condiments
Drinks

I'm really looking forward to this event, the chance to finally put faces with a name and enjoy what brings us all to the STOVEBOLT.
Posted By: Just Mark Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Thu Jun 17 2021 01:22 PM
I'd like to bring some of my wife's homemade (from a box) brownies. Providing she'll make 'em. I think that'd be easy to transport. I could bring chips too.?
Posted By: Lugnutz Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Jun 18 2021 12:28 AM
I’m not sure why, but I’ve not stayed in the loop on this thread. Let me do some reading and then I’ll add what I can do.
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Jun 19 2021 03:08 PM
Just a little motivation this morning

Description: Tenn sticker
Attached picture IMG_20210619_110305533_HDR.jpg

Description: Tenn sticker II
Attached picture IMG_20210619_110316932_HDR.jpg
Posted By: 46 Texaco Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Jun 19 2021 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by TUTS 59
Well folks we are getting close. I was thinking that we could have a cookout and door prizes on Friday evening as some us will be leaving Saturday. As Don and PaPa Joe have mentioned we should just keep the menu simple. With that in mind I'd like to start a list, sign up for what you would like to bring. As most of us will be traveling to the event, anything purchased from a store or restaurant would be great. I will provide the charcoal and utensils as we will have our camper at the campground, I will also bring a few extra folding chairs and a table.. We have the pavilion for Friday and Saturday so please make your self at home and enjoy the park..

If you would like to bring something unique or special then please do, I'm sure we are all up to trying new things (Right???) I hope Jerry can make it as I hear his pulled pork is great (I Can Smoke a Butt with the best of them).

Food Suggestions:
Hamburgers
Hotdog/Bratwurst
Potato Salad
Slaw
Chips
Baked Beans
Buns
Condiments
Drinks

I'm really looking forward to this event, the chance to finally put faces with a name and enjoy what brings us all to the STOVEBOLT.

Archie and Linda will provide homemade potato salad, we have a fridge to keep it cool, and we will also provide a copy of "Refueling the Past" as a door prize.
Posted By: PaPa Joe Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Jun 19 2021 04:14 PM
TUTS59, Very Cool! I am looking forward to displaying that on my truck.
Posted By: PaPa Joe Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Jun 19 2021 04:23 PM
Food Suggestions:
Hamburgers
Hotdog/Bratwurst
Potato Salad
Slaw
Chips
Baked Beans
Buns
Condiments
Drinks

Put me down for chips and buns. And we will bring our own drinks.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Jun 19 2021 04:31 PM
You forgot serving ware on your list.
Is there electricity at the pavilion?
If so, put me down for hot smoked baked beans.
If not, put me down the cold smoked baked beans.

I'll also ask the wife if she can make up some of her homemade cookies.

Don
Posted By: 593ETow Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Jun 19 2021 06:01 PM
I’ll bring some Brats and some smoked Clyde Cone onion sausages
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Jun 20 2021 05:47 PM
There is power at the pavilion and a charcoal grill. I was planning on bringing extra utensils for serving, we have plenty in the camper. 593Etow, a gas grill couldn't hurt, thanks.
Posted By: Just Mark Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Jun 20 2021 07:39 PM
Am I gonna be able to get my hands on one of those Stovebolt stickers?
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Jun 20 2021 10:03 PM
Yes Mark, I'll have some with us.
Vicki and I are hosting a lake Fish Fry/BBQ next Saturday. So I may not be in the loop for a few days.
Then we will focus on the Jamboree.
Will have the official Stovebolt awning, at least one table, a couple lawn chairs, raffle tickets for the door prizes and other stuff I can't remember now.
If anyone has a door prize they would like to bring? Feel free, this is really about sharing!

Don
KC Reunion from several years ago.

Attached picture Group photo.JPG
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Mon Jun 21 2021 12:12 PM
Mark , everyone will get a sticker even those that didn't order a t shirt. My oldest Daughter is finishing them up this week, I should have about 30.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Mon Jun 21 2021 01:44 PM
Guess I misunderstood. I'll have the 25th Anniversary Stovebolt stickers.

Don

Attached picture IMG_2844.JPG
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Mon Jun 21 2021 04:06 PM
Don, I'm sure folks will want those too.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Jul 02 2021 01:05 AM
Update:
Vicki and I plan on heading out Wednesday to Cape Girardeau, Mo. Spend the night there and then pick up a motor for Jerry Thursday morning.
Then head to Lebanon. Hope to be there early afternoon and check out the fairgrounds.
Hopefully unload, drop the trailer and set up the Stovebolt HQ.
Then to the My Place hotel to check in and dinner at Logan's road house with some other Bolter's.
We'll have lawn chairs, a table and Vicki said she would try and make some cookies. Late June has been busy for us, so we'll see if she does the cookies.

Still not sure what truck I'll have on the trailer?
Don
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Jul 02 2021 11:10 AM
Well Folks we are a week out from the Truck Show and I'm getting anxious. It's going to a treat to finally meet you all and be able to put a name with a face. I have several door prizes and am also bringing a table and a few chairs, I have a canopy as well. I have name tags and the shirts with a few extra. Linda and I will be staying the night in Waynesville, NC and plan on meeting at "The Buttered Biscuit" about 8:00 on Thursday morning for breakfast with those of you that make that stop. We will try to gather up as a group and convoy to Lebanon, that should be fun.

I'm really looking forward to this event and hope it's a great time, see y'all there.
Posted By: Wayne67vert Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Jul 02 2021 12:36 PM
Hurricane 'Elsa' may interfere with our attendance. Right now I'm dead center in the 'cone' due here on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I'll keep everyone informed.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Jul 02 2021 06:36 PM
Stay Safe is the first order of business! We understand.
That storm may even effect our Jamboree some, depending on the path it takes.

Don
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sat Jul 03 2021 02:13 PM
Wayne,
We are also in the path as of this morning, it should be down graded to a Tropical Storm by the time it reaches Ga. Like you we are watching it as well.
Posted By: 593ETow Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Jul 04 2021 12:43 PM
How are we looking for food items for the cookout on Friday evening? I haven’t seen anyone bringing the hamburger patties yet. Let me know and I can pick up burgers on Tuesday. Just need a headcount for how many.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Jul 04 2021 04:30 PM
How about making it simple? Some hot dogs, buns and condiments. Maybe some chips also.
Bring your own drink of choice.
I bet Alvin will have the hot dogs!

Don
Posted By: Lugnutz Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Jul 04 2021 05:18 PM
I’ll bring 2 packs of all beef hot dogs and one pack of Turkey hot dogs and buns.
Posted By: 46 Texaco Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Sun Jul 04 2021 06:25 PM
Linda's Homemade Potato Salad
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Mon Jul 05 2021 06:31 AM
Vicki’s made from scratch cookies!!
Posted By: PaPa Joe Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Mon Jul 05 2021 04:57 PM
Chips and buns. Should I only get hotdog buns, or get burger buns also?
Posted By: Wayne67vert Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Mon Jul 05 2021 11:46 PM
It looks like Elsa is going to be west of us. I plan to be there on Thursday afternoon. We will meet at Logan's.
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Tue Jul 06 2021 01:46 AM
I see Jay got the hot dogs so I'll throw in a couple bags of tortilla chips and jars of salsa as well as some bottled water.
May even get a cake in there for desert!
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Tue Jul 06 2021 02:13 AM
Vicki baked cookies today!!
But we will not have an old truck
Due to an issue with my back, we will be in a late. model Tacoma.
But.There will be a 216 on the trailer behind it.

Don
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Tue Jul 06 2021 01:27 PM
I picked up hamburger patties and some boneless chicken breasts to grill. I also have some condiments (mustard, ketchup, relish, mayo) along with paper plates and flat ware. I have a 2 bags of charcoal and lighter fluid.

PaPa Joe, please get both hamburger and hotdog buns. I'm thinking 20ish of each ????
Posted By: TPR57C Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Tue Jul 06 2021 09:26 PM
Jamboree sounding more like a banquet hope you all have a good time wish you all safe travels Don remember to tell Vicky what goes on tour stays on tour
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Tue Jul 06 2021 09:46 PM
Craig, i have two big packs of Drum Sticks in the freezer. I may just bring them along too. I can't eat that many!!!

.......sounds like we'll be doing more eating and telling stories than anything? See you guys soon.
Posted By: 593ETow Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Tue Jul 06 2021 09:57 PM
I’ve gotten brats and burgers also with some chips and salsa. I think we should be good to go. Also bringing a grill. We’ll see some of you Thursday morning at the buttered biscuit
Posted By: Wayne67vert Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Tue Jul 06 2021 10:29 PM
Help me understand the logistics.

The show is at the fairgrounds and the Jamboree is at Cedars of Lebanon park. I assume this takes place on Friday.

Is there a time for us getting together at the show? What time will we gather at Cedars of Lebanon park?

Saturday will be at the fairgrounds during the day and then at Cedars of Lebanon in the evening?
Posted By: Just Mark Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Tue Jul 06 2021 11:18 PM
Hmmm...I thought we were hanging out together at the show.
Posted By: Wayne67vert Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jul 07 2021 12:21 AM
I just watched the video from the show director.

The gates open at 11 am and will close at 5pm. There will be security on Friday night only if we want to leave a truck at the fairgrounds.

If we want to park together we should enter together.

The gates open a 11 am on Saturday and they want to be done with trophies by 4:30.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jul 07 2021 12:23 AM
I'm thinking it will be a wing it event for the first time!
The Senior Stovebolt Executive Committee will meet up Thursday night at Logan's Roadhouse.
If you have ever been involved with any high level meetings, you know that nothing really gets decided or done.
But the committee will eat good!

Don
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jul 07 2021 01:00 AM
I have the pavilion reserved for both Friday and Saturday for our use. I figured we would meet at the Truck show and do our thing and as that wound down have our cookout at the pavilion later that afternoon / evening (5;30- 6:00ish ???)
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jul 07 2021 01:43 AM
Hadn't spoke to Lugnutz , or 593Tow yet, but to try make it to the Buttered Biscuit by 8am I'll have to hit I-26 about 6am. I"ll be getting on I-26 at the exit 26 marker. I'm pulling my trailer/pickup. I should make it in 1 1/2 hours but pulling the trailer will slow ole lead foot down.......maybe I need to take the 37 and pull the Silverado smile

Since gates open at 11 am maybe we could meet someplace close for breakfast then all that are there head to the show together = park together???

....or as Don says, the high level meeting at Logans may resolve some things.

Everyone be sure to take the your phone list with you.
Posted By: PaPa Joe Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jul 07 2021 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by TUTS 59
PaPa Joe, please get both hamburger and hotdog buns. I'm thinking 20ish of each ????

Will Do. And I am bringing chips. Probably will be several of the packages of individual bags of chips.
Posted By: 593ETow Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jul 07 2021 03:32 AM
Those of you coming up I-26 be aware of the road construction on the Interstate. They are widening both sides starting 12 to 15 miles south of Ashville. Lanes are narrow and some swapping back and forth. Prays for safe traveling for all of us.
Posted By: panel fan Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jul 07 2021 01:08 PM
To all those heading to the JAMBOREE take care and have fun , I'll remain here jealous of both the adventure of the trip and the Jamboree itself .
Maybe next year .

John
Posted By: Phak1 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jul 07 2021 01:21 PM
And make sure you take plenty of pix to post here! Safe journeys my friends! drive
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jul 07 2021 02:17 PM
:nopics:
Posted By: Wayne67vert Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jul 07 2021 04:54 PM
This darn storm won't get out of my way! We probably won't leave until 4am and drive straight through.
Posted By: Lugnutz Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jul 07 2021 06:01 PM
I just went through the last 5 pages of this thread.
Here is the food list. As you can see, there is some duplication.
Edit the list as you see fit. I’m not in charge. Haha!

Jamboree food list

Chicken Breast Filets & burgers = Tuts 59
Beef and Turkey dogs & buns = Lugnutz
Bratwurst & burgers = 539ETow
Clyde Cone Onion Sausages = 539ETow
Potato Salad = 46 Texaco
Chips & salsa = 539ETow
Tortilla chips & salsa = Achipmunk
Chips = Papa Joe
Slaw = ????
Baked Beans = 2-Ton
Buns = Papa Joe ???
Lettuce/Tomatoes/Onion = ????
Condiments = Tuts 59 ???
Drinks = BRING YOUR OWN
Brownies = Just Mark
Cookies = 2-Ton
Drumsticks = Achipmunk
Posted By: Lugnutz Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jul 07 2021 06:24 PM
Seems like I can’t find that phone list on any of these Jamboree threads.
Here it is again.
Jamboree phone list

Alvin (Achipmunk) 864-680-3833
Jay (Lugnutz) 803-553-9291
Don King (2-Ton) 573-544-5595
Jerry (HRL) Cell: 615-828-6491 Home 931-732-4842
Joe Kirk (PaPa Joe) 601-513-7059
Wayne (Wayne67vert) 407-340-9009
Craig (TUTS 59) 912-617-1035
Andy (593ETow) 803-634-1078
Archie (46 Texaco) 608-346-1305
Mark (Just Mark) 810-348-8877
Posted By: 593ETow Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jul 07 2021 10:30 PM
We’re in Maggie. I-26 construction starts just north of Hendersonville now, and goes all the way to I-40
Posted By: Just Mark Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Wed Jul 07 2021 11:46 PM
I'd be up for meeting Friday morning. I'll be coming from Crossville.
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Thu Jul 08 2021 07:55 PM
We are going to get together for supper at Logan's about 6:00 this evenin
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Jul 09 2021 02:39 AM
We are planning to meet for Breakfast at Shoney's (exit 338) at 9:00. We'll leave for the truck show from there.
Posted By: Wayne67vert Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Jul 09 2021 02:42 AM
Finally made it from Florida. Took 14 hours with lunch, gas and pit stops. Traffic from south of Atlanta thru Chattanooga was a bear. Looking for a different route back.
Posted By: Hotrod Lincoln Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Fri Jul 09 2021 04:36 AM
Wayne, I think I can help you out with your return route. See you tomorrow morning!
Jerry
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Mon Jul 12 2021 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
:nopics:

Ditto to what Martin said. Pics soon or I'll have Lugnutz make all your login info magically disappear

wave
Posted By: TUTS 59 Re: Southern "Stovebolt" Jamboree - Mon Jul 12 2021 03:11 PM
I just wanted to take a minute and thank all of you for you interest and participation, without the help of each one of you this event would not have happened. I especially want to thank 2 Ton (Don) and Achipmunk (Alvin) I leaned heavily on those two to get this event planned. Everyone had a big part in bringing us together and Linda and I had a great time meeting all of you.

To those of you that couldn't make the "Jamboree" we are already talking about some smaller gatherings. Wayne67vert (Wayne) has a suggestion for Thanksgiving weekend in Daytona, that will most likely be a one day event. I would love to hear ideas for others, we have a large group and could host multiple smaller events with the right planning.
Again thank all of you for a great weekend, as Alvin said "Stovebolter's Rock".
© The Stovebolt Forums