Stovebolt.com
Posted By: Mackr600 pickup Harrisonburg Virginia - Sun May 09 2021 10:20 PM
Harrisonburg Virginia any big bolts or little bolts going to the show I’m planning on being there myself
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Mon May 10 2021 02:50 PM
Pretty sure Hardshell, MikeB and Mike Roache will be there. Last I talked to Grigg he was planning to be there too. I am still up in the air. At this point, I don't know if I will be there for a couple days, one day or not at all unfortunately.
Posted By: Mike B Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Mon May 10 2021 04:18 PM
Yes, I'll be there from Monday afternoon thru Sunday Morning. We should have Dana's '56 3100 in the show and maybe my '52 Willy's M38 Jeep if we can find a ride for it to get there.

We'll be camping on-site...

Mike B smile
Posted By: Pat66 Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Mon May 10 2021 04:36 PM
iI will be there with my 72 and 66, Pat66
Posted By: Slick Willy Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Tue May 11 2021 01:49 AM
Is this the same show normally held up in Winchester, VA every year?
Posted By: Mike B Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Tue May 11 2021 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by Slick Willy
Is this the same show normally held up in Winchester, VA every year?

NO, this is the ATHS National Show and Convention that moves around the country every year and is normally held the last week in May, but this year will be the first week in June. Depending on the location they have had as many as 1250 truck show up. The next time it will be on the East Coast will be 2024 in York PA.

The Winchester Show is held every year on the third weekend in September and is hosted by 4 local ATHS Chapters. They normally get about 300 trucks for the two day show (Friday/Saturday).

Mike B smile
Posted By: Slick Willy Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Tue May 11 2021 01:42 PM
Thanks, I thought they were 2 separate shows but wanted to make sure.
Posted By: Grigg Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Fri May 21 2021 01:00 PM
I'm getting my trucks ready for the show, now less than 2 weeks away.

Grigg
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Mon May 24 2021 11:30 AM
Things are looking slightly better for at least a 2 day affair. I hope to be there Friday and Saturday anyway.
Posted By: Mike B Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Tue May 25 2021 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by Bill Marlow
Things are looking slightly better for at least a 2 day affair. I hope to be there Friday and Saturday anyway.

What truck are you bringing?

Mike B smile
Posted By: VEW Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Tue May 25 2021 12:08 PM
Don't think I'm going to get down there. A bit out of my travel range at this time. Plus, I just sold my 57 (being picked up this Saturday) and that's what I would normally take on a trip of this distance.

You guys have fun, be safe, and hope to see you next time.
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Tue May 25 2021 06:17 PM
Mike, that's the plan as of right now. Most likely the cabover. Also planning to stay at the Hotel Laramie...….. big_eek
Posted By: hardshell Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Wed May 26 2021 03:46 AM
I know I will be there on Friday. Possibly Thursday too. My camper is in need of some repairs. I hope to have it back in service for the Winchester show !
Posted By: SWEET Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Fri Jun 04 2021 12:26 AM
After the longest slumber I dusted off the GreenMachine last weekend. Had some things to adjust, and has cleared pre-trip shakedown this afternoon. Heading to Harrisonburg in the morning.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Fri Jun 04 2021 08:27 PM
Sweet and I hooked up about a mile from the show and cruised in together around 10:30 this morning. Big thanks to Grigg for saving us spots for our trucks near his.
Beautiful day today., very nice setting here at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds and lots of awesome trucks. We are currently taking a break from the sun and the action under the Assistant Camp Commandants awning. Thanks Mike!
More to come. Seen several Stovebolt brothers but definitely missing a bunch that aren’t here.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Fri Jun 04 2021 09:38 PM
Take plenty of pictures and post them up.
My next event will be the Southern Jamboree.

Don
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Mon Jun 07 2021 03:34 PM
I didn't end up taking a whole lot of pictures and the ones I did take may not mean much to others. I think this is one of the best videos I have see of a truck show. Better than a bunch of armature photos.

https://youtu.be/vkBuaXnYw7Q
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Tue Jun 08 2021 12:53 AM
Thanks for the link, Billy! Saw all the Stovebolters and I saw you walking up to your truck! A very cool video.

So ... didn't spend any time with ole Charlie this past weekend, but I did wash and clean up my work truck -- the '84 359 Peterbilt ("Corvette Dash" and the big cam 400 Cummins ... smile ) ... if that means anything ...

Hey look, its a ...... Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeterbillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllt .......

smile
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Tue Jun 08 2021 01:26 AM
Billy,
There’s another YouTube video showing Cosmo and Grigg driving the frame around.
https://youtu.be/iobmcCeqQjI
Might I say they look marvelous!
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Wed Jun 09 2021 03:09 PM
That's cool! Looking good Mr. Cosmo!
Posted By: 3B Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Fri Jun 18 2021 08:29 PM
Hy guys, thanks for the links to the videos, I hope every attendee had a good time and a safe trip there and home again. That was the first live convention I have missed since 1989, all thanks to Covid 19 and a closed border between Canada and the United States
Posted By: Mike B Re: Harrisonburg Virginia - Sat Jun 19 2021 08:09 PM
I was looking for you, but then learned the border was still closed...hope to see you in Springfield, IL next year!

Mike B smile
© The Stovebolt Forums