Stovebolt.com
Posted By: pan3lman Does this category cover Delaware? - Sat Feb 13 2021 02:44 PM
I spent 20 years in MD, does that help any? smile
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Sat Feb 13 2021 06:15 PM
It can if you're close enough to participate in our spur of the moment events ... smile Most of our in-person activities take place in the So. Maryland/Fredericksburg area. Some events in Central VA and a few things in the greater Philly area.

We have two main events, one in the Spring at various locations every year and the other is the Fall Tri-State truck show in Winchester, VA.
Posted By: 29tons Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Fri Apr 30 2021 12:24 AM
When are the truck shows near philly I would like to go to some
Posted By: Hambone Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Fri Apr 30 2021 02:07 AM
That's a good question. Let's see if we can get those dawgs off their porches and invite us up. Well then?
Posted By: Mike B Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Fri Apr 30 2021 03:50 AM
ATCA Truck Show in Macungie every Fathers Day weekend will be June 18 & 19, 2021. They normally get over 800 antique trucks from Model T's to big 18 wheelers. This year is their 50th anniversary show.

Mike B smile
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Fri Apr 30 2021 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Hambone
That's I good question. Let's see if we can get those dawgs off their porches and invite us up. Well then?

Invite "us" up ... ??? Who are you talking about, New Hampshire Boy?? I believe your membership in the ODSS has been revoked. You have been cancelled.

I will take this up with the Sgt at Arms ...
Posted By: Hambone Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Fri Apr 30 2021 10:41 AM
Last I checked, the membership committee voted to continue my status unchanged. The Whiskey trick worked. Of course they are a fickle group so you might be right.
The NE committee has not met since my application was submitted. Apparently they are still wintering. Either direction, the point remains - Where is the Philly contingent??
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Fri Apr 30 2021 07:36 PM
There is no, “so called Philly group” at last check, we are all lower Bucks! Just sayin!! I do remember our last gathering this way was rather cold! Actually is was brutally cold! I wonder of what ever became of that project? Joe??
Posted By: 29tons Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Sat May 01 2021 12:13 AM
I went to macungie Pa many times its 20 miles from my house. But my COE has some modifications and they state in the in the application for the show. They do not want hot rods my truck is somewhere in between rod and stock mainly to make it more driveable. I was at Duryae day in Boyertown Pa near the end of the summer that show probably had 50 to 75 trucks. It’s usallaly on Labor Day weekend
Posted By: Mike B Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Sat May 01 2021 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by 29tons
my COE has some modifications and they state in the in the application for the show. They do not want hot rods my truck is somewhere in between rod and stock mainly to make it more driveable.

I've never heard of any street legal truck that's 25 years old or older being turned away. There's a group of guys that bring big diesel rat rods every year and I have had my '56 Chevy restomod there many times...never gave it a thought.

Since you're so close, pull up to registration and I bet they take your money and wave you in...they're not looking to push people away.

Mike B smile
Posted By: Grigg Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Sat May 01 2021 01:51 AM
The one time several years ago I took a truck to Macungie it was far from stock, though it was mostly all old. Frame and cab were kind of original, engine and drivetrain were far from it. Having been there as a spectator several times before I didn't have any doubt taking that truck, seemed like mine fit in with many of the others.
Perhaps they have changed their tune, I haven't been in a few years?

Grigg
Posted By: 29tons Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Sun May 02 2021 04:00 AM
I’m not sure but I think you have to be preregistured for macungie now I may try it this year. Also I was thinking we should put something in the windshield to let others know we are from stovebolt forum that way we could talk face to face. I got a lot of good advice here but I could be right next to someone at the show and not know they are people from this site
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Sun May 02 2021 01:11 PM
29tons, how about the Stovebolt Anniverary stickers for your truck?
I think Hardshell still has some available.

Don
Posted By: Mike B Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Sun May 02 2021 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by 29tons
I’m not sure but I think you have to be preregistered for Macungie now

Nope, they still have day of show registration, just like always...

$15 per truck if you preregister by June 1st or $25 at the gate.

http://antiquetruckclub.org/forms/2021%20Mac.pdf

Mike B smile
Posted By: 29tons Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Mon May 03 2021 09:51 AM
Anniversary sticker sounds like a good idea . I will probably try to go this year if I don’t have to work
Posted By: 52Carl Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Tue May 04 2021 01:25 AM
No need for stickers to identify ODSS members. Just gravitate towards the weirdest and loudest group of men. If it ain't us, its close enough.
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Thu May 06 2021 12:45 PM
I don't know about that, Carl ... Weird ... yes. Loud? We're not the wild bunch we used to be, that's fer shur ... Those days of protecting Mike Roache from the lynch mob (actually, his generator *is* kinda loud ...) ... tense hours in the ICU waiting to see if Billy Marlow would regain consciousness after the DeathRace 2000 golf cart demolition derby... Grigg faceplanted on the State Trooper's trunk after the highway chase with this body-less Detroit Powered sandrail ... Cosmo holding an Old Fashioned in one hand while using the other to direct the responding firetrucks to the ODSS camp fire ... Bellowing "Don't cry for me Argentina" at the full moon doing a chorus line in the 30-degree night air ... Following Sweet on an off-road adventure ... Watching Bread and Hardshell dealing with muggers in Downtown Sweetwater ... NAPCOMan and Panelfan bareknuckling it over that Corvette manifold ... 2-Ton getting chased, and then trampled, by the pig he was trying to stuff into the smoker (we had to tell him he needed to kill it first ...) And who can forget Victor, Amtrack Joe and Jim Schmidt with that biker gang? And that was just one weekend ...

And holy crap, remember the time Hambone actually showed up in Winchester??? I still can't believe THAT one ...

Like Roy Batty, we've seen things other people wouldn't believe. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain...

... sigh ...

All we do now is stare at the fire, sipping our peach wine coolers and farting.

"Follow the cigar smoke. Find the fat men there." Old indian saying.
Posted By: VEW Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Thu May 06 2021 01:46 PM
All good memories! From what I can remember 😁

Victor
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Fri May 07 2021 11:57 AM
John
You forgot the Fulton Death Swing, if you can survive that, your in!
Luckily, I had on my protective Moo Moo.

Don
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Sun May 09 2021 12:26 AM
What happens at Winchester, stays at Winchester! dang
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Sun May 09 2021 01:35 AM
Are you sure Jim?? I had my camera to document the event, so watch what you say!!

Don
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Sun May 09 2021 07:35 PM
Ya know Don, my dear father was correct, bless his soul!
“Never trust a Mid-Westerner!
thumbs_up
Posted By: pan3lman Re: Does this category cover Delaware? - Fri May 21 2021 08:02 PM
Macungie looks to be about 2 hrs from me.

For anyone around DE, there is usually a Cruise Night every Saturday. The schedule "used" to be:

first Sat: Pike Creek Shopping Center, Newark/Wilmington DE
2nd Sat: shopping center in Stanton, DE
3rd Sat: Fox Run Shopping Ctr., Bear, DE (they just had this last weekend, actually)
4th Sat: I think it goes back to Pike Creek but not sure

Hope this helps someone!
© The Stovebolt Forums