Stovebolt.com
Posted By: Pat66 Winchester Tri State - Wed Mar 18 2020 02:09 PM
A little early to be talking about Winchester but was excited to see Chris Sweet's beautiful stovebolt on registration flyer ,Pat66

Attached picture Screenshot_20200318-095821.png
Posted By: SWEET Re: Winchester Tri State - Wed Mar 18 2020 04:45 PM
Photo professionally taken by Mr. John Crosby Milliman........
Posted By: NJC Re: Winchester Tri State - Sun Mar 22 2020 12:08 PM
ODSS Brothers, How 'Sweet' is that '51 Chevrolet 3100? COVID-19 percautions has me currently heading north (passenger) on I-81 outside Lexington, VA enroute to Bel Air, MD (home)with 2 Univ of TN (closed-continuing on line)sophmores (son & girlfriend) & their stuff. I'm planning on trying to drive over to the Winchester Tri State late September 2020. Be safe everyone. V/r, Nick
Posted By: Hambone Re: Winchester Tri State - Sun Mar 22 2020 12:39 PM
An aths shout out to small trucks? Interesting and proper. Not too early to look forward to something fun. Thanks pat.
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Winchester Tri State - Sun Mar 22 2020 04:30 PM
No, ATHS as a whole is myopic and solely focused on big trucks. This is the work of certain, more enlightened, members of the Shenandoah Chapter who understand the demographic ATHS needs to target if they want to survive (or even regain some degree of relevance to the hobby).
Posted By: Pat66 Re: Winchester Tri State - Sun Jun 28 2020 09:55 PM
Just returned from Tristate truck show meeting in Clearbrook VA and the show will go on as planned. Hopefully Mr Sweet, Hambone other dignataries from Stovebolt will be there as well. They were missed last year,Pat66
Posted By: tclederman Re: Winchester Tri State - Sun Jun 28 2020 10:24 PM
The Tri-State Antique Truck Show is still scheduled for Sept. 24th-26th 2020. Download your registration now [tri-state-antiquetruckshow.com].
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Winchester Tri State - Sun Jun 28 2020 11:34 PM
Thanks Pat for attending the meeting. I had aspirations of attending but got called in to work today. Yesterday evening we had a freak thunderstorm, possible microburst that reeked havoc at the job. Took out 15-20 trees and caused a bunch of electrical issues.
Posted By: Mike B Re: Winchester Tri State - Mon Jun 29 2020 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by Bill Marlow
Thanks Pat for attending the meeting. I had aspirations of attending but got called in to work today. Yesterday evening we had a freak thunderstorm, possible microburst that reeked havoc at the job. Took out 15-20 trees and caused a bunch of electrical issues.

Billy, they aren't going to know how to run that place when you retire...will take 3 people to replace you!

Glad to here the show is still on...

Mike B smile
Posted By: amtrakjoe Re: Winchester Tri State - Mon Jun 29 2020 01:55 PM
Glad to hear the show is on. We will plan accordingly. Thanks for attending PAt.
Posted By: ndkid275 Re: Winchester Tri State - Mon Jun 29 2020 02:55 PM
Instead of shirts this year, you should make Stovebolt COVID masks!

Chris
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Winchester Tri State - Wed Jul 01 2020 10:17 AM
Mike, Maybe not 3 people but they certainly don't seem to be to concerned with the fact that I wont be around too much longer. If I was single I would have been history by now!

I too am glad the show is going on but I really hope things change a little bit for the better between now and then....
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Winchester Tri State - Wed Jul 01 2020 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Mike B
Billy, they aren't going to know how to run that place when you retire...

Mike .... like they know how to run the place now???
Posted By: Pat66 Re: Winchester Tri State - Fri Jul 31 2020 07:30 PM
Tristate ATHS committee is asking people to please pre register as soon as you can to allow the Ruritan club to be better able to calculate food and supply needs for Friday night and kitchen throughout weekend. This will be their first event for the year and we want to ensure they can turn a profit. This also allows the ladies at registration to have a little more space for social distancing at check in. thanks Pat66 nanner Tristate-Truck Show Registration Link [tri-state-antiquetruckshow.com]
Posted By: panel fan Re: Winchester Tri State - Sat Aug 01 2020 02:32 PM
Dang , looks like I'll be missing another event this year , not sure if i'd even be allowed to cross the border .
On a good note I've burnt less than a tank of gas this season !
Hopefully next year we'll find that all these covid issues have been resolved , on both sides of the border .
I sure do miss the get together's I've attended in the past few years with my U.S. friends.

Keep well
John
Posted By: AwDang Re: Winchester Tri State - Tue Aug 11 2020 11:14 AM
Guy’s, I have a few questions.
Do you need to attend all of the days?
Is my truck “stuck” in it’s spot once it’s there?
Can I bring a motorcycle for trips to walmart, etc?
Is tent camping allowed? If so, are there showers available?

I’m tempted to make the trip up on Thursday, camp, enjoy the show on Friday. Camp again and drive home on Saturday. It’s an 8hr drive for me to get way, way up there.

Thanks
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Winchester Tri State - Tue Aug 11 2020 12:20 PM
You do not have to attend all of the days. Your truck will not be stuck but they encourage you to stay put during the day. On another note, the Stovebolters tend to park near camp and a lot guys like to work on their trucks during the show and go for test runs. This is off to the side of the actual show fields.
Absolutely on the motorcycle and yes tent camping is allowed but please register for "camping" at the registration desk.
See you in Winchester!
Posted By: AwDang Re: Winchester Tri State - Tue Aug 11 2020 02:21 PM
Thanks!
Do you register as a show participant as well as camping? Or just camping?
Posted By: Mike B Re: Winchester Tri State - Wed Aug 12 2020 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by AwDang
Do you register as a show participant as well as camping? Or just camping?

You just register to camp and or show, there is no fee for people/spectators other than a donation for daily parking...the parking donation is not required if you are a registered camper or have a show truck on the field.

Mike B smile
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Winchester Tri State - Wed Aug 26 2020 11:59 AM
We are a month out and folks are making plans to go.
I for one am looking forward to the 1st show if the year!
Posted By: VEW Re: Winchester Tri State - Wed Aug 26 2020 01:18 PM
The truck show conflicts with the bluegrass music festival I usually go to. The music festival has been canceled so I'm planning on going to Winchester - but still need to register for camping.
I plan on arriving Friday mid-day sometime. Given the special circumstances this year, what do you recommend for the basics: like coffee in the morning and consumables during the day?
I plan on bringing a stove and supplies to make coffee and food, but want to follow protocol and don't want to be inconsiderate. I can bring as much of whatever is desired - within reason; no kegs of beer!
Posted By: Pat66 Re: Winchester Tri State - Wed Aug 26 2020 01:52 PM
hello Bill, attended Middletown va car show last Sunday, they close main street from 10:00 to 3:00, great show. The normal is 200 cars and trucks, I was told over 300 vehicles. Plenty of stovebolts and one big bolt. If this any indication what Tr iState will look like , It will be huge. Tri State is encouraging early registration so they can prepare accordingly. Pat66
Posted By: Mike B Re: Winchester Tri State - Wed Aug 26 2020 06:10 PM
Billy, Dana and I will be camping this year. She's driving her '56 and I'm pulling the RV (we've already registered), we don't need to be in the circle, just close by.

Looking forward to the show!

Mike B smile
Posted By: hardshell Re: Winchester Tri State - Wed Aug 26 2020 11:45 PM
Billy, I look forward to camping with you fine Stove Bolters again this year. I will have my Antique Chevy Camper and my Truck there. My friend Seab is cruising in my Camper again and we look forward to seeing everyone there ! Hitting the trail on Thursday morning.

Jim
Posted By: Patina 54 Re: Winchester Tri State - Sat Aug 29 2020 01:45 PM
I just cancelled my KC Reunion reservations. Now I have to pay shipping! Had to cancel my Homecoming reservations earlier. Tom and I went to the Somerset, KY car/truck show in July. Almost 900 vehicles. Social distancing and masks were in effect. We have reservations for Winchester. Coming from Michigan. The draw for us are the friends we made at Grigg's ODSS Homecoming. I enjoy reading all those posts and actually know who you are. You are a great resource when I need some novice and not so novice expert advice. We hope to see you there.
Posted By: SWEET Re: Winchester Tri State - Sat Aug 29 2020 01:57 PM
My soccer schedule worked out and I have already registered.

I will have to depart on Saturday to coach Sunday morning.

Can’t wait!
Posted By: TPR57C Re: Winchester Tri State - Sat Aug 29 2020 01:59 PM
Wish I could be there but will be there in spirit anyone who can be should be you never know what’s around the corner
Posted By: Hambone Re: Winchester Tri State - Sat Aug 29 2020 07:41 PM
Sweet, you driving Friday AM?
Posted By: ndkid275 Re: Winchester Tri State - Tue Sep 01 2020 01:48 AM
I wish I could join you all for Winchester. I guess I’ll have to do the second best thing, go to a local truck show with Texas bolters! Drive safe and have fun!

Chris
Posted By: hardshell Re: Winchester Tri State - Wed Sep 02 2020 11:03 AM
Get those shirts and decals ready Don ! I'm sending you my address and phone number so get in touch with me !

Jim
Posted By: TPR57C Re: Winchester Tri State - Sun Sep 06 2020 10:18 AM
Don I was texting Cosmo last week and he can’t make Winchester for Covid reasons so there is room for you I hope . would love to be there myself but can’t you can so just do it
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Winchester Tri State - Mon Sep 07 2020 02:05 PM
Working on a little snafu here! It appears my beautiful bride planned another excursion starting the 26th frown There are two events that I hold high in my heart! Homecoming and Winchester! So.......I might travel down Thursday and return unfortunately Friday night frown
Time will tell!
Jim
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester Tri State - Tue Sep 08 2020 10:35 PM
I'm up to 75% chance of being there.
BUT! Got the summons today for Jury duty on September 28th.
I don't mind doing my duty for the court system, but only a 2-1/2 week notice?
I'll call the courthouse tomorrow and see if I can put it off for a week.

Rant over.
Don
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester Tri State - Wed Sep 09 2020 07:50 PM
If I can make it? The Stovebolt awning and flag will be with me. Unless there is already another one there.
Also other questions, Door prizes? Will there be a ODSS meeting?
I have some stuff that was intended for the Homecoming and some more stuff intended for the KC Reunion.
So, should I bring some of them?
Buckeyes are also about ready and I should have a poke of them.

I also need to hear back from the court system and see if I have to be at the county courthouse September 28th?
Don't ask why and I will not show you what is around my ankle!

Don
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Winchester Tri State - Thu Sep 10 2020 11:33 AM
Don,

Winchester/Tri-State has pretty much evolved into a "chill" event. We go, relax in good company, enjoy old trucks ... that's about as far as we structure it. No meeting. No door prizes. Not much of anything that would add to anyone's stress level. BYO/go with the flow is pretty much the SOP. There will no doubt be some wrench turning, but not like Homecoming. This is probably the only event most of us will get to this year so we are trying to keep it fun and relaxing and not structure it. Its shaping up to be my big get away and I plan on having a very relaxed, enjoyable weekend with some of the best friends I have.

Panel Fan would probably be the best one to talk to about the evnt from the perspective of someone who lives far away and makes a trek to attend. Bottom line: It's not KC and its not Homecoming ... It's ... Tri-State. If you like seeing a crapload of identical Peterbilts, Macks and Kenworths parade by (interspersed with representatives from area junkyards) accompanied by monosyllabic commentary from Grigg and Marlow during the midnight golfcart review, staring at a campfire until 3 am and just hangin' with the buds, then you might like it. We do!
Posted By: Napco Man Re: Winchester Tri State - Thu Sep 10 2020 12:27 PM
Best. Summation. Ever.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester Tri State - Thu Sep 10 2020 01:10 PM
Thanks John for the update.
It's looking more like I'll be there. 85%? Probably make it a two day trip to get there and back.
Do the scenic route, I-64 to I-79 to Hwy. 48 across to Winchester? Unless someone suggests a different route.
Right now I don't plan on bringing a Stovebolt, but that may change yet.

No wife and no dog to bother me.
Sitting around and watching the show go by, sounds like my speed and a good relaxing getaway.
I'll miss Tim riding shotgun though.

Don
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Winchester Tri State - Thu Sep 10 2020 02:46 PM
Monosyllable?
What. Ever.
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Winchester Tri State - Thu Sep 10 2020 03:05 PM
Oh, I almost forgot the Saturday 9 pm visit from the shirtless trash-mongering sasquatch brandishing a bottle of peach brandy ...
Posted By: Patina 54 Re: Winchester Tri State - Thu Sep 10 2020 03:20 PM
480 miles to Winchester, 400 less than Don, and without Tim. Don't care about the big trucks, but want to listen to another story about being given 3 trucks in the weeds, just get them out of here. I'm still looking for my own weed find. And I'm going to Winchester to put more faces to names I see every day in the Forums. And I will miss those I already know who won't be there. It's a long time to the next Homecoming, and the KC Reunion.
Posted By: WE b OLD Re: Winchester Tri State - Thu Sep 10 2020 10:29 PM
Don, If only it was time to get it. [assets.hemmings.com]. On your way home.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester Tri State - Thu Sep 10 2020 11:27 PM
Does the ODSS do the Friday night dinner?
Should I trailer a Stovebolt? Or just show up in a late model midsize pickup?
Going to mail out the registration tomorrow. It should make it in time.
Looking up and planning the route and hotels now.

Ron, PM me, all your link shows is a small picture of a old Plymouth.

Don

Attached picture IMG_1592.JPG
Posted By: Pat66 Re: Winchester Tri State - Fri Sep 11 2020 12:28 AM
Most ODSS members do the dinner best I remember as well as everyone on grounds as it supports the Ruritan club. We sure could use some more 60 to 66 trucks, with Panelfan not able to make the trip, hopefully Hambone brings up the slack. Not sure if you would be able to sell the one ton or not. Pat 66
Posted By: Hambone Re: Winchester Tri State - Fri Sep 11 2020 01:15 AM
I plan to attend with my 60_66 pat. I will keep you company.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester Tri State - Fri Sep 11 2020 02:10 AM
Thanks Pat, I'll add dinner to the entry form.
Well, how things change fast, I have a PM nibble on a 48 2-ton,5 window.
Western North Carolina is where the nibble is. So I'll get him some pictures, put a fair price it, that will include delivery and see if he is interested in a whole truck.
So it may be on the trailer?

Don
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester Tri State - Fri Sep 11 2020 11:54 PM
Entry fee was mailed off this morning. Decals should be in Hardshell and my possession by late next week.
2 bucks each and any extra will go to fund future events or into to Stovebolt fund.

So the road trip is on, minus one wild Australian riding Shotgun.
Hotel reservations still need to be made, but shooting on arriving about noon Thursday.
Still don't know if I'll be dragging something up there yet though?

Looking forward to sitting back and watch the parade of power go by!
Don
Posted By: Mike B Re: Winchester Tri State - Sat Sep 12 2020 12:42 AM
Don,

There is a Days Inn and a Quality Inn next to each other 3 miles south of the Fairgrounds at the I-81 and Hwy-11 interchange on the North side of Winchester. I here the Days Inn has $57 per night rate (don't quote me)...I've stayed in that building in the past when it was a Econo Lodge...changed to Days this year, so it should be fresh!

Mike B smile
Posted By: 52Carl Re: Winchester Tri State - Sat Sep 12 2020 01:31 AM
Men camp.
Lesser men stay in a travel home.
Even lesser men stay in a hotel.
Real men sleep in the bed of their truck under a tarp, and cook breakfast burritos in the middle of the night, saving the lives of many, many heavy binge drinkers.
Posted By: TrknGMC Re: Winchester Tri State - Sat Sep 12 2020 01:45 AM
Sweet and I slept in the bacK of our trucks without tarps. Don’t recall the need for a tarp either.
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Winchester Tri State - Sat Sep 12 2020 03:42 PM
Speaking only for myself ... *if* I can make it, I will be glad for the company of my *friends.* It is not important how you get there or how you stay there. I am glad just that you *are* there.
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: Winchester Tri State - Sun Sep 13 2020 12:59 AM
In the past 3-4 weeks I've been to Indiana, Cincy, and down to Georgia. No reservations and absolutely no problems anywhere. We also choose to stay in a more upscale accomodations for very few dollars more. Happy trails, Don.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester Tri State - Sun Sep 13 2020 11:53 AM
Thanks Alvin!
I think I'll just wing the hotels except for Wednesday night, before the show in Winchester.
Can we drop and unload Wednesday at the fairgrounds? It would just make parking at the hotel easier.

Looks like all the states I'll be going thru require a mask when indoors.
Guess I'll need to dig out my favorite one.

Don
Posted By: Mike B Re: Winchester Tri State - Sun Sep 13 2020 12:48 PM
Don, I'm sure unhitching a trailer would be fine on Wednesday.

There are two entrances off of Hwy-11, you want to go in the South gate, not the Main North gate. As soon as you pull into the bluestone driveway you will have a tree lined board fence on your right and a open grass field on your left. If you back the trailer into the grass field anywhere along the first 100' you'll be out of the RV parking area which starts at the first utility pole and goes West from there.

Mike B smile
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester Tri State - Sun Sep 13 2020 03:30 PM
Thanks Mike!
I don't know what time of day I'll be in the area, but hope to drop the trailer off.
Will anyone else also be in the area?

Don
© The Stovebolt Forums