Stovebolt.com
Posted By: 2-Ton LDT (Long Distance Team) - Wed Jan 15 2020 12:53 AM
I know it is early and the epic event is still a few months away.
But, The LDT is in the planning stages right now.
Looking like we'll have a Canadian, a Texan, a Aussie, Detroit, and a couple Heartland Bolters.
Road trip plans will be posted as we work things out.

Don
Posted By: 1954 MI Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Wed Jan 15 2020 02:13 AM
Don,

My Dad and I are in, so you have a couple Michiganders to add to the list.
You got us hooked on the Stovebolt scene, and can't shake us now.

--Tom
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Wed Jan 15 2020 02:31 AM
Great Tom!!
Looking forward to meeting up with you and your Dad Jim again!
You both are LDT members.
Just don't call Tim, that Crazy Aussie! He will try to live up to that name!

Don
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Wed Jan 15 2020 01:48 PM
Just got confirmation.
Tim will be landing in mid Missouri April 9th.
So we will have a week to get to the Homecoming.
Any suggestions on what to see and do in that week?
I'm thinking Memphis and Nashville needs to be in the mix.
New River Bridge walk would also be cool. Maybe Tom and Jim can join us on that.
https://bridgewalk.com/

Don
Posted By: 1954 MI Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 16 2020 12:21 AM
Don,

Per your recommendation last year my Dad and I stopped to check out the New River Bridge on our way home from Lexington. Amazing site!
We didn't do the walk last year, so I am open to giving it a try.....hopefully no fear of heights kicks in....
What day would you be traveling through that area?

--Tom
Posted By: klhansen Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 16 2020 12:42 AM
Don (& others)
You should check out the Roadtrippers app. Handy for finding obscure and interesting points of interest along the road, as well as trip planning.
I used it on my epic road trip down to the lower 48 this past spring. Caveat - it does have a few glitches in locations.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 16 2020 03:39 AM
Tom
I'm thinking Monday after the Homecoming for the bridge walk.
Tim and I will head out from the Grigg's compound Sunday.
Stay overnight in Beckley or Fayetteville WV.
Do the bridge walk on Monday.
Then bee line it back to mid Mo. so Tim cand catch his flight back down under.

These are just thoughts right now and it will depend on Tim's flight schedule.
Don
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 16 2020 04:11 AM
Thanks Kevin for the link, I will check it out. Any chance you will make the long haul?

Don
Posted By: klhansen Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 16 2020 05:05 AM
Not sure right now if I'll fly down. I need to clear it with the boss. wink
Posted By: 1954 MI Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 16 2020 12:28 PM
Don,

Understood, and it sounds like fun. We will keep it on our radar.
Are you hauling any boat anchors East this year on the way to Homecoming?

--Tom
Posted By: WE b OLD Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 16 2020 01:18 PM
I don't remember if you stopped here or not, but verrry intersting place.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 16 2020 01:38 PM
Tom
I don't know yet what I may be hauling. With spending a night in downtown Memphis and another night in downtown Nashville.
A trailer would be quite cumbersome.
But, I would like to see the 65 GMC find a new home.
I will have the deep fryer and goodies to drop in the hot oil.
Just ordered a french fry slicer so we'll see how that works out.

Ron, you told me about that place place last year, but we did not stop by there.
May have to hit it this year, but we'll see how our time works out.

Don
Posted By: 1954 MI Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Fri Jan 17 2020 12:56 AM
Don,

Your fresh tader chips were great last year, so looking forward to trying out the new menu items.

--Tom
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Fri Jan 17 2020 01:17 AM
Tom
By the power entrusted to me by the "Grand Pooh Bear" himself (John Crosby Milliman).
I now award you with the honor of the official "Potato Slicer and Dicer!"
Your Dad Jim will be your backup to make sure the taters are washed, sliced correctly and cooked to the proper degree of excellence.

Don King

Edit: Ron will be our official taste tester!

Posted By: 1954 MI Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Fri Jan 17 2020 11:41 PM
Don,

I am honored to accept this prestigious title, and humbled by the great power it comes with.
I will remember that with "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility"....especially when you are dealing with food and Stovebolters...

--Tom
Posted By: John Milliman Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 01:14 AM
Don, As far as the ODSS, and its functions go, I entrusted you with no such authority. That authority is held solely by the office of the President (currently Cosmo) and executed through the office of the Sergeant at Arms (the Right Honorable Mr. Sweet). You are certainly welcomed, and it is within your purview to award titles within the LDT, or to put forth nominations according to the ODSS By Laws (I would refer you to Section MLVXXIV, Para 374, SubSection 543 in the most recent edition of 16 Jan 2020, with Change 43) but as far as the greater ODSS is concerned, no. To do so constitutes an usurpation of presidential authority that rises to the level of a coup, treason, even. I think that I shall refer the both of you (Tom, as well, seeing as how he is on record above as having willfully participated in this unspeakable and treacherous act against our President) to the SAA for investigation. In the meantime, I suggest you both start putting your defense team together.

Besides, seeing as how we have an official ODSS Chef, as well as a sous chef and a Breakfast Czar, they may want to be part of the decision process for naming an "Exalted Grande Potato Slicer/Dicer" as it is not a trivial office.

Otherwise, have a great day and keep up the great work!
smile
JM
Posted By: John Milliman Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 01:33 AM
Oh, and don't forget these other culinary offices within the ODSS hierarchy:

Cupbearer to the President
Chancellor of the Processed Meats
Royal Baker
Malted Beverages Distribution Team Leader (the "St. Paulie Girl")
Wild Game Warden
and not to be overlooked, BBQ Bubba and his other brother Darryl

To which we are now apparently adding "Starchy Tuber Samurai" .... ok by me if that's what the executive positional approving committee forwards to the President for approval.
Posted By: 52Carl Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 02:27 AM
Burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Official Bearer of Beaver Stick-O-Death Sceptor/Bo Staff.
Posted By: 1954 MI Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 03:14 AM
How embarrassing for me and my family......
I have been stripped of my Tader Title before even taking office, and have found myself in a position of fighting to clear my good name.
Your Honor, I was coherst into accepting this position.....

--Tom
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 03:55 AM
Grand Pooh Bear, John C Milliman!
I contest your declaration.
By the power you entrusted in me as the leader of the LDT, I get to appoint who I want, to be the Tater Slicer.
Tom and his Dad Jim, WILL be the official slicers and guardians, to watch my back when the tubers are being submerged in hot oil.
Just remember, the LDT may outnumber the ODSS at this epic event.
We will also have an Kiwi to back us up.

But, I will abide by what the ODSS President rules. Just as long as he helps with the slicing and dicing!

Don King
Posted By: John Milliman Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 10:48 AM
Tom, Sounds like you could use some counseling/Life Coaching. I know of a good clinic in Virginia. But the next opening isn't until April. They take walk ins.

Ooops, OMG ... Carl .... How could I forget Beaverstick Bearer?? blush Did we ever go over your official duties? You'll have to check with Sweet, but I think you are the Lord Commander of the President's Ceremonial Guard Detail. Not to be confused, of course, with the commander of the President's actual security/sniping/reconnaissance team who is, of course, the NAPCOMan

Oh, and in the event of CGF (Catastrophic Grill Failure -- An ODSS DefCon 7-level event), you are to surrender the Beaver Stick to Marlow (as the Overlord of Processed Meats) so he can use it to prepare the processed meats over the open fire that Roache (as Underworld Fire Princess) builds while the Malted Beverage Distribution Team Lead (um, I think that's the Kiwi/Aussie hybrid) makes sure we are all properly prepared for the ceremonial ingestion of processed meats and other high sodium content, non-nutritional foods). Oh, might as well mention your other office -- which falls under Marlow, BTW: Deputy Overlord for Unprocessed Opportune Meats (e.g., roadkill)

Don -- Spare us your inflated protestations! You have no defense! You will, of course, be found guilty of treason and will (as Carl has already decreed) burn. You are already in NAPCOMan's scope crosshairs, by the way. Sweet dreams.

Sweet -- Feel free to jump in any time ...

Speaking of high level security events, there is only one ODSS DefCon 8 event currently in the SOP -- NBOH (No Beer On Hand). It's so serious, we don't even drill for it. We've only ever had one event of this magnitude and because of our egregious mismanagement of adult beverages, we were subjected to an attack of killer African bee-hornets, swarmed by amphibious killer death serpents and suffered from intense solar radiation. It was bad. We only narrowly escaped by leaping from cliffs into a torrential river in our heat stroke induced delirium. Our valorous President saved us all from the bees by placing his own body inbetween them and us, allowing our escape, while Marlow and Hambone fought off the snakes (although ... I think Hambone knew one of them ...). It was touch and go. I'm not making this up -- the others will corroborate this. You don't ever want a DefCon 8 event ...

V/R
JM
ODSS Attorney General
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 02:50 PM
Save your hats boys, it's getting deep in here!

Don
Posted By: SWEET Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 02:51 PM
Now now Brother Don. Seems this year you wish to test the boundaries of the ODSS. While you may be aware of other matters that have distracted me from my duties keep in mind as a seasoned, and frankly the only SAA in ODSS history I sir have this fine establishment protected at all times by sworn personnel who do nothing but keep me abreast of any and all situations.

Further, our Attorney General too has a stealth staff documenting any and all infractions to be considered for charges.

I love the enthusiasm and effort Don, keep it up! Just be ready for your fate once within the Old Dominion.
Posted By: TPR57C Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 03:34 PM
An Donald is only getting impeached what hope have you got Don keep your chin up you’re in for a long ride
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 03:45 PM
With all due respect Mr. SAA. I have documented proof of my authority, that was vested in me by the ODSS Attorney General.
That title, as Supreme Commander of the Heartland District, also gives me the power of herding LDT Kats, to the ODSS Homecoming.

So I say, bring it on, and all will have to witness whatever punishment that may be deemed fitting.
Punishment will be carried out as a Clothing Optional event!
May your eyes burn with the memory!

Don
Heartland Commander!
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 04:01 PM
Don, pay them no mind. Carry on as you wish. Besides, its always easier to ask forgiveness than permission......I guess now I'll probably be burned at the stake along with you but we'll go down in the annals of history and be fondly remembered as the ones who defied the secret combination of the underground.......so do as you wish. You have my vote.

........and save your Dixie cups, the South will rise again.
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 04:14 PM
Don, you’ve gone and done it now. RIP
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 04:33 PM
Alvin, you going to make the Homecoming this year?
Martin, I could also use your backup at this overthrow/lynching.

But if the terms of the charges are not delivered in person, by the Attorney General to the SAA, at the Homecoming.
There can not be any charges brought forth. As I seen on the news this week, "They got nothing".
We will also have Tim Pryor as our Concrete Reinforcer.

The Donald!
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 04:38 PM
Don, I do plan to be there. I'm thinking of driving my 37 pickup.........don't forget the meat skins.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 05:34 PM
Great Alvin!!
The pig hides will be with me again along with 20+ pounds of taters.
Maybe even mix up a batch of Hush Puppies
If someone wants to bring anything to throw in the hot oil, Bring it on!

Don
Posted By: 52Carl Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sat Jan 18 2020 10:53 PM
I would like to report that the original Beaverstick O Discipline/Retribution/Death, though well seasoned, is in perfect working order. A mild soaking for a short period of time should protect if from the ravages of the flames, in the event that total and unequivocated surrender cannot be reached prior to sentencing for high crimes and misdemeanors (real ones in the case before this court).
Posted By: VEW Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sun Jan 19 2020 12:42 AM
You guys are scaring me!
Posted By: SWEET Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sun Jan 19 2020 02:39 AM
Carl

I agree with proper soaking. It will permit optimum arching during high velocity whipping.

Should the Honorable AG perform said tasks, as your SAA who ultimately answers to Mrs. Mullen; we need to ensure the clothing stays on! There are many things I can get Mrs Mullen to laugh about. Naked Don may be a challenge.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sun Jan 19 2020 04:33 AM
Victor, no need to be scared!
The LDT can handle this out of line administration, with false accusations and charges.
Again, "They got nothing" on me. So bring it on!

Also, since the AG is also almost 4 hours away, he is dubbed a member of the LDT, along with Hambone, should they show up.
Just to show how much Sass I have, I may bring a Pontiac on a trailer, behind a Ford.

Going to practice on the Hush Puppies tomorrow.
Don
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sun Jan 19 2020 01:34 PM
I think the gentleman from Mokane is forgetting about what a privilege it is to be an ODSS member. In the ODSS, we use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of the ODSS. He uses them as a punchline. We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain ourselves to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of inline 6 cylinder exhaust fumes we provide, and then questions the manner in which we provide them. We would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way (to the beer store) Otherwise, I suggest you pick up an adjustable wrench and stand ready to wrench. Either way, We don't give a darn what you think you are entitled to!😂
Posted By: SWEET Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sun Jan 19 2020 02:26 PM
Perfect. Well said Commandant!
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sun Jan 19 2020 02:45 PM
Pervelige? chug secret

And I thought my spelling was bad!

Don
The King from Mokane
Posted By: John Milliman Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sun Jan 19 2020 03:10 PM
Don -- No throwing punches after the bell. I believe Brother Marlow has ended the bout with a KO.

smile
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Sun Jan 19 2020 07:55 PM
BELL?
There are no stinking bells in a bar fight. Just the sound of the ambulance arriving to haul away the fighters.
I may have lost a few teeth, but I'm still in this little scuffle.

Wood stove is fired up and hush puppies will be in the hot oil tonight.
Ribs, baked beans and mashed taters to go with the puppies.

Don
Posted By: 52Carl Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Mon Jan 20 2020 03:45 AM
If it were not for the endless deep fried foods elicited by the above mentioned defendant (bribery in nature as it may well be), I would move to bypass a hearing, and sentencing and go straight to the punishment phase. But alas, I am fat and fat requires more fat, therefore I urge that we keep level heads and proceed under normal rules of the ODSS.
I. E. torture to produce a confession, in lieu of the inevitable conclusion of guilt with or without any proof whatsoever.
Bylaws is bylaws, as they say.

I yield the remainder of my time.
Posted By: WE b OLD Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Mon Jan 20 2020 03:56 PM
Speaking of food. Indiana favorite. Had this for supper last night and the drink is southern ice tea done right. The plate is a full-size dinner plate.
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Mon Jan 20 2020 06:32 PM
That’s called a Del Rancho Steak Sandwich Supreme around these parts.😁
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Mon Jan 20 2020 08:02 PM
Got one for Tim last year at a local B&G.
He'd never seen one before.

Also got him a Blooming Onion at the Outback Steakhouse.
Never heard of that either or the Restaurant.

Don
Posted By: TPR57C Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Tue Jan 21 2020 07:27 AM
Blooming onion was awesome never see it served here Don and I did a few bars and grills
Posted By: ndkid275 Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Tue Jan 21 2020 02:33 PM
Tim,

Only a few? 🤭

Chris
Posted By: TPR57C Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Tue Jan 21 2020 06:51 PM
We count in metric here not imperial so I lost count had a good time though it was always 5 o’clock somewhere
Posted By: TPR57C Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 23 2020 10:52 AM
Got the leave past approved just paid for flights looking forward to meeting you all
Posted By: Cosmo Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 23 2020 03:08 PM
That is just great news Tim! We will be honored to have you visit yet again! Hope you find our ever increasing and wider selections of BEERS agreeable to your taste!!!

WOOHOO!!!
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 23 2020 03:51 PM
Great news TIm. We look forward to seeing you again.
Ya know, your trips over here have been frequent enough that maybe you should have a stateside Stovebolt too! I think I know a guy that will store it for you and then you will have something to drive at Homecoming!
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 23 2020 05:03 PM
Yep! Got Tim's confirmation and will pick him up at the airport in Mid Missouri
Wednesday evening April 8th. That will give us a week to get to the Homecoming.

The 2020 B&G road trip is on!! shake chug
Guess I need to start a road trip thread on how it plays out.

Anybody want to join us?
Don
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 23 2020 05:35 PM
Don, knowing this far in advance will give you plenty of time to set up your Go Fund Me account for bail money. nanner
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 23 2020 06:43 PM
Tim,
As always, it will be good to see you again! The rest of you,............. Guess i have to take the good with the bad. wave
Jim
Posted By: TPR57C Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 23 2020 06:57 PM
I’ll leave the hot weather here it was 44 Celsius yesterday 38 at 8 pm looking forward to road trip with Don
Posted By: Mike B Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 23 2020 07:24 PM
Had to break out the Fahrenheit calculator for that one...lol

44* C = 111*F

38* C = 100* F

That's HOT... big_eek

Mike B smile
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Thu Jan 23 2020 08:28 PM
Martin
Tim and I carry bail money with us.

It got warm today here in Mid Mo.
37 F or 2.8 C which ever way you want to read it.

Don
Posted By: 52Carl Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Fri Jan 24 2020 04:02 AM
Dang! No wonder the place is on fire.
Posted By: WE b OLD Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Fri Jan 24 2020 06:09 PM
Mike B, if you double celsius and add 32 you can come close as long as it is above zero. Hey, Don, it will be getting close to when I would like to have a decision on a Plymouth. One is right on your path east. It is my second choice, my main ones is near Rusty Rod.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: LDT (Long Distance Team) - Fri Jan 24 2020 08:47 PM
Just let me know Ron.
I'm starting to get ready to haul a 2-Ton across southern Missouri within the next two months.

Don
© The Stovebolt Forums