Stovebolt.com
Posted By: hardshell Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Aug 12 2019 03:21 AM
I'm very busy these days but trying to keep a few priorities in order. I'm looking forward to seeing some of you fine gentlemen at the up coming show ! I plan to be there for a few days but I don't know the actual dates for the show ?? Anybody know the dates ? Who's going?

EDIT important, now easy to find, Info about the show.
Originally Posted by Pat66
15th annual tri state antique truck show, sept 26-28 at stonewall ruritan club/ frederick county fairgrounds, winchester va.
I81 to exit 321, Clearbrook Va 22624, go east to rt 11 then south to fairgrounds on right.

Or I-81 exit 317 and north on Rt-11 a couple miles until you see old trucks on the left.
Stovebolts usually congregate inside the southernmost entrance to the fairground.
https://www.tri-state-antiquetruckshow.com/
Posted By: Pat66 Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Aug 12 2019 10:50 AM
September 26,27,28. I am definitely looking forward to seeing everyone,Pat
Posted By: Cosmo Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Aug 12 2019 03:26 PM
Everybody there will be there!
Posted By: 52Carl Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 13 2019 12:45 AM
The cool people, anyway. smile
Posted By: ndkid275 Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 13 2019 02:46 AM
I guess I'm not cool! Wish I could attend!
Posted By: hardshell Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 13 2019 02:55 AM
Oh, you can be there Chris. Just call in sick or AWOL. Whatever you want to call it ! Just show up at the event and the Seargent at Arms will call your commanding officer and explain the situation !
Posted By: panel fan Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 13 2019 12:59 PM

Speaking of cool , I'll be coming from Canada , it's down to about 75 degrees here today.

Will there be room for my truck at the ODSS coral area? Also what Motel are you staying at and does any one want to share a room ( separate beds please )

Will there be any convoys running south to the event , I will be crossing at Buffalo and could hook up with anyone between there and Winchester .

Thanks John
Posted By: SWEET Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 13 2019 01:33 PM
John

You may have a chance to connect with the Northern Alliance guys as they come from PA. There is ALWAYS room for more trucks in the ODSS area!
Posted By: Mike Roache Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 13 2019 02:54 PM
I'm in!!!!
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 13 2019 04:13 PM
"Bout" time someone started this thread! Can't wait to see everyone again!! Hopefully, The most exalted Serine Eminence, Mr. John Milliman will show up! ohwell
Believe it or not, I sort of miss that ugly mug grin
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 13 2019 09:27 PM
I miss him, too. I wonder where he went??

Well, I don't want to jinx anything, but things are looking up around here. I think the six brutal weeks in Heck are paying off. We have an old friend from Okinawa days who is just back from an extended tour as an RN at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center (auf Deutschland) and she has expressed a willingness to come over and give me a weekend off sometime. I may use that coupon for Winchester smile .... fingers crossed ...
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Aug 14 2019 12:54 AM
The Grand Pooh Bear should donate that free time to attend the Reunion instead!!
It's been over five years now and about time to greet his poor Stovebolt worshipers in person!!
Some think he is a God!!

Planning is going good and we have Stovebolt Dog Tags this year.
But, you have to be there to get one!

Don
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Aug 14 2019 10:54 AM
Instead! Instead of Winchester?!?! Harummmph!
We need to see that ugly mug at the Tri-State show toot-sweet!
Rumor has it that it there will be a special meeting of the exalted One Ton Club of which J Crosby is the Honorable Commander in Chief!
Can't wait for WInchester!!
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Aug 14 2019 05:16 PM
Very slight chance I may be able to make that event.
A gentleman in upper New York state is interested in our 48, 3/4 ton grain truck. "The Chalk Board"
He will get a full evaluation from one of our Reunion seminars.
If he still wants it, I may deliver it to him and stop by the Winchester show.

But, I need more info on places to stay and about the show.
If I don't get info, I'll just think you all are scared of this Missouri Redneck!

Don

Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Aug 14 2019 05:23 PM
Don,
There's a lot of hotels close by.
Over and out!
Jim
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Aug 14 2019 08:18 PM
Won't know if I'll be there until after the Reunion.
Wife and I have a lot going on right now.

Don
Posted By: Mike B Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Aug 14 2019 09:02 PM
Don,

We stay at either the Econo Lodge Winchester North or Comfort Inn which are side by side at US-81 exit 317 and Hwy-11 (3 miles south of the show that's on Hwy-11).

Many of the ODSS group camp out on site in RV's or tents or in there truck...no RV hook-ups or bath house, but they do have a building with flush toilets and wash sinks, as well as job johnny's scattered around the show field.

Hope you can make it!

Mike B smile
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Aug 14 2019 10:38 PM
Thanks Mike!
You are a whole lot of help.

Won't know if I can make it until after the Reunion and if mikec4193, really wants the 48 Chevy truck.
The truck evaluation is one of the seminars planned at the Reunion.
Then Mike can decide if he wants it or not.

Can I bring a Redheaded date?

Don
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Thu Aug 15 2019 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Mike B

Many of the ODSS group camp out on site in RV's or tents or in there truck...no RV hook-ups or bath house, but they do have a building with flush toilets and wash sinks, as well as job johnny's scattered around the show field.

And don't forget the cows to moo you to sleep. Which is all very soothing until one of them goes into labor ... Which is better than Macungie where we camp next to the tracks and the fast freights at 0230 hit their air horns about 50 feet from your pillow and the headlamp lights up the interior of the Billycoach... smile We learned important lesson -- never set up camp next to shiney railroad tracks ...

Another ODSS Camping Lesson ... In addition to the Winchester Cows and the Macungie Trains ... how can I leave out the South Bend Midnight Chainsaw revving contest which taught me never to bunk in the same enclosed space as Greg Muller* and Ted Truss* .... Sortta like the Macungie Trains only all night long .... It was so loud, Mike Reese decided sleeping in the three inches of water inside his tent was preferable to the Billy Coach that night ... wink

Or the Huntsville Generator from H E double hockey sticks that was so loud the guys on the International Space Station called Mike and asked him to shut it off until they were on the back side of the planet ...

*Names changed to protect the guilty

Sure! Camp with us. Memories to last a lifetime ... big_eek
Posted By: VEW Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Thu Aug 15 2019 03:23 PM
Looks like I might be able to make it this year! The bluegrass festival that I go to, which has always conflicted with Winchester, is not an issue this year. Yippie!!
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Fri Aug 16 2019 01:19 PM
we look forward to seeing you in Winchester Victor!! thumbs_up
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sat Aug 17 2019 04:39 PM
Better give Victor the vector, Roger.
Posted By: VEW Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sat Aug 17 2019 05:11 PM
You speak as if I don’t know where l’m going.
Well. . .you are correct!
But I’m still searching 😊
Posted By: amtrakjoe Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sat Aug 17 2019 10:00 PM
Been meaning to jump into this thread. Looks like the northern alliance of DJ, Bill, Pop and Jim will be making it. Not sure about Miley this year. She got off her leash and agitated a Rottweiler and a Shepard coming down the block. They played with her and she dislocated her hip.......we wont get into the cost to put it back.
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Aug 19 2019 03:32 PM
Joe, sorry to hear about little Miley.
Hope she is better soon.
Posted By: GradyB Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Aug 19 2019 06:59 PM
I'm new on here and live in Keyser, WV. What is the event you all are talking about and where in Winchester? Is that virginia? Might be able to attend one day. Grady.
Posted By: Pat66 Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Aug 19 2019 07:19 PM
hi Grady B,15th annual tri state antique truck show, sept 26-28 at stonewall ruritan club/ frederick county fairgrounds, winchester va. I81 to exit 321, Clearbrook Va 22624, go east to rt 11 then south to fairgrounds on right. Hope to see you ,Pat
Posted By: GradyB Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Aug 19 2019 09:19 PM
I'll see what's up for them days. I am familiar with the are. Lived in VA for 2 years, long time ago! 😊
Posted By: treydrummer Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 20 2019 11:20 AM
I'm in Annapolis and I think I'll make the trip over Friday evening, camp out and enjoy the show Saturday.

You think it'll be a problem trying to get a spot the day of or should i make the effort to pre-register?
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 20 2019 01:16 PM
There will be plenty of space to camp and for a show truck if you are bringing one.

I want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that is "camping" at the Tri-State Show, whether is a tent, RV or back of a pickup truck to register as so. All proceeds from this event go to charity. The fee required goes a long way to a very worthy causeand is very much appreciated.
Thank you!

Camp Commandant
Harrrumph.

http://www.tri-state-antiquetruckshow.com/registration_files/2019%20Flyer.pdf
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 20 2019 01:19 PM
Treydrummer,
There's plenty of room at the event if you wish to stop in. We all set up on the Southern end, to the fair grounds. Most register the day the arrive.
See you soon,
Jim
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 20 2019 04:54 PM
Let me add my harrumph to Billy's plug to register. The Winchester Tri-State show organizers have been very good to us and tolerant of our ... hijinks not me The least we can do is abide by their request and to support their very worthy cause.

ALSO .... Another harrumph ... let me remind *all* of you that it is traditional (and required...) that the ODSS members provide the *bulk* of the labor and effort for the Saturday night trash call/cleanup/can retrieval mission. In all seriousness, it is an unglamorous job, done in the dark, But by golly, we have so much fun doing it that I actually look forward to it.

Volunteering to help with parking throughout the weekend is appreciated, too.

We want to stay on their good side. Nothing better than to have a fully lit sasquatch (i.e., Scotty) stumble through our camp, offering hits on his jar and telling us how much he loves us all.... especially Billy ... chug

Carry on,
JM
Posted By: Dave261 Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sat Aug 24 2019 01:45 AM
did someone say winchester. count me in with the 53 in the line up
Posted By: tclederman Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sat Aug 24 2019 11:30 PM
I am now planning to attend the Winchester show/gathering (unless a family-duty arises).

If anyone wants to share a two double-beds motel-room (Clarion or Econo Lodge), please let me know by PM.
Clarion Hotel, Winchester, VA
EconoLodge, Winchester, VA

I am looking forward to meeting you all, or seeing you again - It has been a while since I saw a few of you at ATHS MD-or-MA or at ATCA Macungie.

Tim
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Aug 25 2019 12:29 AM
Tim,
Hope you can make it! It would be great to meet you, in person that is!
Jim
Posted By: 52Carl Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Aug 25 2019 05:25 AM
I am planning on convoying with tclederman. He and I will meet up somewhere in the Norfolk, VA area and head out along I-64. If anyone else is interested, let us know. The more the merrier.
Posted By: panel fan Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Aug 25 2019 04:32 PM

I am interested in hooking up with any bolters that might be heading south to Winchester.Va., I'm guessing from the Pennsylvania area.
I will be crossing at Buffalo but can cross at the Thousand Islands as well and come through N.Y.
Just need a time and place and anyone willing to travel with a Canadian truck.
P.S any Ontario trucks heading to the tri state ??
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Aug 25 2019 04:41 PM
LEO!!!!!
WOW! It would be great to see you! Think of you often! This is looking like a GREAT WEEKEND!
Hope to see you there!
Jim
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Aug 25 2019 06:08 PM
Jim, I don't think it is the Leo we know as 1953 Panel.
Still a very slight chance I could make it, but won't know till after the Reunion.

Don
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Aug 25 2019 07:24 PM
Oh, your right, Don!
Wishful thinking on my part!
Jim
Posted By: panel fan Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Aug 25 2019 08:03 PM

Sorry to disappoint you , but its John here with the one ton panel .
But I will touch base with Leo to see if he's interested in joining me.

Man , I had one feeling left !!!
Posted By: 52Carl Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Aug 25 2019 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by 53 green 1- ton
Oh, your right, Don!
Wishful thinking on my part!
Jim

No worries Jim, panel fan is worth his weight in entertainment value. smile
I would also like to see Leo, especially if he drove the Beaumont! (He sold his panel.)
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Aug 25 2019 08:49 PM
Don't think I can make it, But just wondering how the food situation works?
And John, you have been to at least two Homecomings, see if you can drag Leo down with you.
Also don't forget the Reunion in two weeks!

Don
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Aug 25 2019 11:24 PM
Yeah, I’m embarrassed John!
Jumped to conclusions. Seen your handle, panel, and Canada and put 2 + 2 together and came up with 3.
Still glad to see you again, looks like a good stovebolt showing.
Jim
Posted By: panel fan Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Aug 26 2019 01:11 PM

we have the same problem up here with that metric math .!!!! 2 + 2 can be anything .
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Aug 26 2019 01:29 PM
Don, worry not, just like all of our other Stovebolt adventures, no one goes away hungry!!
There should be plenty to eat.

There are discussions taking place as I speak, putting together this years food situation.

Another reminder to all attending. When you register, make sure you pruchase a ticket to Friday nights dinner put on by the Ruritan's right there at the fairgrounds. The food is delicious and the money raised also goes to charity.

Other meals and eats will be informally formalized when it happens ohwell

CC
harumph
Posted By: panel fan Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 27 2019 03:42 PM

Don , I plan on making Winchester but after that the truck will need some tlc. I've managed to do 5,500 miles so far this year and about 18,000 over the last 4 years and its started smoking out the pipe on compression , I think I've finally warn this thing out !
I've had a rebuilt motor and and assorted other parts for years but figured if the truck would start and go I should follow suite. I figure I should get the truck running as good as possible as I understand the next spring reunion will be held at Tim's , in Australia !!!!??

John
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 27 2019 05:28 PM
Thanks Billy, I figured you would have everything planned out.
It's really a small chance I'll be there, but if mikec4193 wants to buy the 48, he's in NY state and I just might make a road trip.
Stop by Winchester on the way there.
Won't know till after the Reunion in KC.

John
Think we can get a group rate to fly to New Castle Australia?
Tim has a Holiday house at Nelson Bay and I'm sure he and Karen would be a great hosts!

Don
Posted By: TPR57C Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 27 2019 07:58 PM
You would all be more than welcome nice time any time and we don’t eat kangaroo all the time
Posted By: Pat66 Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 27 2019 08:33 PM
You do have an OUTBACK ? Had to ask,Pat
Posted By: panel fan Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 27 2019 08:53 PM

Don't think we could get all the trucks on a plane , would have to go by boat..

John is that Criss Craft available ??
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 27 2019 09:54 PM
Tim told me Kangaroo's are thicker than deer here in the states!.
Probably taste about the same?

Don
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 27 2019 10:48 PM
Tastes like chicken. nanner
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Tue Aug 27 2019 11:16 PM
Panelfan -- Sure! I'll take you to Australia. We might even make it there. I think I'd rather have a Peterborough cedar strip runabout, though... smile
Posted By: panel fan Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Sep 01 2019 05:57 PM

Nothing personal John , But I think that would require paddling and that's to close to exercise not to mention slow. I'm out!

Hope to see you in Winchester !

John
Posted By: TPR57C Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Sep 01 2019 08:23 PM
You get a tailwind one direction
Posted By: ndkid275 Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Sep 01 2019 09:12 PM
Better flap those arms harder TPR!
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Sep 11 2019 03:06 PM
2 weeks away gentleman.
Should we do a head count/list of folks attending?
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Sep 11 2019 03:11 PM
Me nanner
Posted By: Mike B Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Sep 11 2019 04:45 PM
Me too nanner nanner

Mike B smile
Posted By: tclederman Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Sep 11 2019 05:15 PM
Me three nanner nanner nanner
Posted By: Grigg Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Sep 11 2019 05:29 PM
Me additionally

I've always liked bananas, because they have a peel...
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Sep 11 2019 05:36 PM
Grigg,
We had something going here, go and edit, and add the nanner.
Posted By: SWEET Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Sep 11 2019 08:17 PM
According to the docket, there will be a bonfire of proceedings, therefore the SAA is Nanner, Nanner,nanner,nanner,nanner!
Posted By: VEW Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Sep 11 2019 08:59 PM
I'm coming/going, but probably can't make it till Friday. nanner nanner chug
Posted By: 52Carl Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Thu Sep 12 2019 01:43 AM
I'll be there!
Posted By: Pat66 Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sat Sep 14 2019 06:34 PM
nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner hope that's right
Posted By: Mike B Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Sep 15 2019 12:24 AM
Way to go Pat! thumbs_up eeeek

Mike B smile
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Sep 15 2019 10:56 AM
Pat, I don't think your banana count is correct -- We all know you're new to these proceedings but ... normally, we'd let you slip with a gentle warning. However, we here in the ODSS hold ourselves to a higher standard when it comes to the Nanner Nanner Nanner. We take our bananas very seriously and thus we cannot let our standard start down that slippery slope to moral turpitude. Just fair warning, but I will come at you with everything I have. Prepare to defend your math at the formal Board of Discipline. Be advised, if you cannot afford legal counsel, one will be provided (as long as he has enough time aside from preparing his own defense ...). Maybe Mike B will do it, seeing as how he's a big fan of yours ... however, the last time I went toe to toe with him in the ODSS courtroom, I disassembled him like a cheap clock and his client is still serving (community service -- cleaning beaver cages for Carl ...).

SAA -- Add Pat to the docket!

V/R
JM
ODSS Attorney General/Special Prosecutor/Grand Inquisitor/Pooh Bah/Etc.
Posted By: Mike Roache Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Sep 15 2019 01:14 PM
I lost count. Count me in.
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Sep 15 2019 02:40 PM
Mr Milliman Sir!
I do believe Pat’s, Nanner count is correct sir! I did double check the calculations and came up with the same results. Luckily it was under 10 because that all of the fingers I have. At this time time, I formally request these charges be dropped.
Sincerely your fellow 1-Tonner!
Jim
Posted By: panel fan Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Sep 15 2019 04:33 PM
I'm in
John
Posted By: Pat66 Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Sep 15 2019 06:58 PM
Dear Sir , not wanting to drag my good friend Mike B thru the mud, I am perfectly prepared to defend my math in any court of my peers,if that's possible at this point, Looking forward to resolving this matter and clearing my good name, Sincerely Pat66
Posted By: 52Carl Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Sep 16 2019 12:06 AM
Mr Milliman Sir!
I do believe Pat’s, Nanner count is correct sir! I did double check the calculations and came up with the same results. Luckily it was under 10 because that all of the fingers I have. At this time time, I formally request these charges be dropped.
Sincerely your fellow 1-Tonner!
Jim

NO, JIM, NO! I place myself at great risk to tell you this, but let sleeping dogs lie. From a phrase originated by Chaucer around 1380 in Troilus and Criseyde, 'It is nought good a slepyng (not a misspell) hound to wake'
Think not, for even a moment that the accuser of Pat's misfeasance is unaware of this. He is well-read, and at times can be a man of notoriously vicious and intemperate disposition when challenged, and on occasion, when not.

bartamos ( smile )
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Sep 16 2019 01:37 AM
Well said, Sir. And I countenance agreeably all thy provenance thus far and to wit!.

To Jim I say this ... Tho thy brotherly one-ton love do weigh heavily upon my heart, I do heartily embrace and warmly scoop up the gauntlet thrust down at my feet thusly! Yes Sir, I do accept the challenge! And the fight, as it were, be on! If ye shall essay to defend thy brother so boldly, then pray Sir, let me equally boldly and with equal honor stand forth to firmly defend the honor of our so august assemblage! It is with great honor, but yet little joy, that I stand forth to draw my sword (in manner of speaking ..) against so beloved a brother, yet honor demands no less.

Never the less, be ye certain that in all things important and sincere, I hold you true as the Brother thou certainly are, in all verity, to me. It brings me no joy, I assure you, to face the certainty that I will destroy you in the proceedings to follow.

In brotherly love,
J. Crosby Milliman, Esq, etc
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Sep 16 2019 02:56 AM
Watch it Boys and Girls!
You keep talking like this and this and this Ozark Grey Beard, may just show up at your little cityfied party!

The F-250 is full of rocks and ready to roll!
If Tim shows up from down under? The game is on!!!!!! chug shake nanner nanner nanner nanner [elvis]

Don

Posted By: TPR57C Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Sep 16 2019 05:59 AM
Sounds like it will be an eventful weekend have to watch proceedings from afar
Posted By: amtrakjoe Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Sep 16 2019 10:12 AM
Billy, from the north we will have Amtrakjoe, DJ, Pop, and Bill Stanley. Jim already counted himself and apparently initiated this diatribe of fightin’ horses with wings, gauntlets etc. etc.

I’ll have a cooler, ice, and PBR’s.

We may have one more attendee - Brady Warner, who showed up at Homecoming in 2017 I believe. Like Grigg, he squeezes Diesels under the hoods of AD’s

Look for ward to the event. Joe
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Sep 16 2019 10:39 AM
Aaah yes, I can always count on the Northern Contingent! grin
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Mon Sep 16 2019 04:37 PM
Don't count me out yet!
I may just fire the Ford up and be there.
Load up the 65 GMC one ton and give it a one way ticket east!
Or the 57 one ton dump?

Don

Attached picture IMG_2103.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2102.JPG
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Thu Sep 19 2019 10:16 AM
This event, from a Stovebolt perspective is not like Homecoming where we have planned meals and dish duty and a "who brings what" list. In the past folks, are spread out doing their own thing, wrenching on trucks, taking test drives or walking the show field. It was always hard to get a firm number for dinners so we sort of fly by the seat of our pants and it has always worked out. Food is served on site in the fieldhouse, I think starting with lunch on Thursday, breakfast and lunch on Friday and the same on Saturday. Get a ticket when you register for the Ruritan dinner Friday night. Well worth it and the money goes to a great cause. We will have hot dogs in camp for lunches but again, it just sort of happens when it happens grin. Saturday night is when we typically have the Stovebolt Grand Ball and Food Extravaganza. There will be hamburgers and whatever hot dogs that are left and a few others contribute to the meal. Again, not very structured but there has always been plenty of food for everyone. If you feel like bringing a little something to add to the mix you are welcome to but don't feel like you have to bring enough to feed the entire crowd. Maybe a side dish or snacks, water or um, other beverages laalaa or ?? If you have any questions, let me know.
See you all in Winchester.
Posted By: Hambone Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Fri Sep 20 2019 03:24 PM
Gentle people of the ODSS,
I regrettably will not be in attendance this year - as if that really matters except for the charges that will inevitably now fall on Pat's and Jim's shoulders. Sorry about the Pat and Jim. I can be reached on the quiet waters of some lake in central NH, most likely enjoying the morning mist and the salmon and lake trout fishing. But that should not be necessary you will have others to pester.
I will look over my shoulder from time to time and wonder what my brothers are up to in Winchester. Enjoy the company and the weekend. I will expect a full accounting upon your return.
HB
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Fri Sep 20 2019 03:52 PM
We should set up a roster so that every 15 to 20 minutes, one of us is ringing Hambone's cell phone. Or at least leaving him a butt load of vm's to have to delete ...
Posted By: panel fan Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Fri Sep 20 2019 06:04 PM

Hale to the northern bolters , when will be leaving and which route would you be taking, I would like to try to hook up with the northern caravan into Winchester if possible.

John
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Fri Sep 20 2019 06:08 PM
John,
Typically it's early Friday morning and on 81S at Carlisle by 8 or 9 am! depending.
Jim
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Fri Sep 20 2019 06:11 PM
I nominate Mike B. to bring his fire truck to handle dust control!!
All in favor?
Posted By: Mike B Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sat Sep 21 2019 02:56 AM
I nominate Mike B. to bring his fire truck to handle dust control!!
All in favor?

Sorry Jim, but the Fire Engine will not be in attendance this year...bringing the pickup!

Mike B smile
Posted By: Bill Marlow Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sat Sep 21 2019 11:21 AM
Hambone! WTH! Of course it matters. You will be missed sir.
I bet there is a little nip in the air out on the lake in the mornings lately
Posted By: panel fan Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sat Sep 21 2019 01:41 PM

Will anyone from the Winsted Connecticut 06098 area be attending in Winchester , I have a ho52 third member that needs to get there.
Its going to another Stovebolter.
Posted By: Hambone Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Sun Sep 22 2019 12:00 AM
John, im your driver for the ho52. Get it to mike b, roache, sweet or milliman and i will take it from there.
Posted By: panel fan Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Wed Sep 25 2019 05:35 PM

Thanks H.B. , I've advised the recipient of said third member of the plans, I will be supplying all info needed to reach him along with the rear end .

we both thank you

John
Posted By: Grigg Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Thu Sep 26 2019 01:00 AM
At this point Winchester is coming up Really Fast.

I'm headed out about 8:00 Thursday morning to meet up with Cosmo and continue on.
Stops for a vintage wiring harness, BBQ, and ethanol free fuel on the way.
Posted By: 53 green 1- ton Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Thu Sep 26 2019 01:32 AM
I should be pulling in Friday, noonish.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Jim
Posted By: tclederman Re: Winchester is coming up fast ! - Thu Sep 26 2019 10:48 AM
I'll be setting of for gas and beer in 15 minutes - on the way to meet up with Carl n Va Beach.

Then, onwards and upwards.
© The Stovebolt Forums