Stovebolt.com
Posted By: Rich'sToys Getting another Big Bolt! - Fri Nov 13 2020 09:55 PM
Had a chance last week to pick up this sweetie. It's a '59 Viking 40. A family in our area had it for many years. Their farming operation outgrew it, and it's been sitting unused since 2014. At some point it had a 283 V8 transplanted into it. The cab is in remarkably good shape for its age--a couple of small rust areas, but I've seen much worse on trucks of this age. It has 19.5" tires with the 5 and 10 lug bolt pattern.
When I got it home I siphoned the old gas out of the tank. It looked pretty good yet and didn't even smell too bad, so I put some fresh gas in the tank, freed up some rusty choke linkage, cleaned the points and she fired right up! Needs brake work and a couple other issues which I will address in another thread.
The PO is cleaning up a couple title issues before it's officially mine, but I am happy!

Attached picture DSCN1846.JPG
Attached picture DSCN1848.JPG
Attached picture DSCN1849.JPG
Attached picture DSCN1851.JPG
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: Getting another Big Bolt! - Fri Nov 13 2020 10:59 PM
Quite the find. drive
Posted By: DoubleDingo Re: Getting another Big Bolt! - Fri Nov 13 2020 11:40 PM
Nice truck!
Posted By: crenwelge Re: Getting another Big Bolt! - Sat Nov 14 2020 04:30 AM
That is a good looking survivor. I don't think a whole lot of them were produced and of them few survived. And you don't have to maintain a vacuum two speed like the larger ones. And with the 283 it will go a lot faster than the original 6. 50 years ago we called them women's trucks because the men in the house were on the combine and the women hauled the grain to the elevator. They drove just like a pickup with a 4 speed.
Posted By: EdPruss Re: Getting another Big Bolt! - Sat Nov 14 2020 01:13 PM
Nice truck, I just got a ‘55 like yours.

Ed

Attached picture 84FE9533-65F0-45CA-8861-15598ECDDBAF.jpeg
Posted By: TGP Re: Getting another Big Bolt! - Sat Nov 14 2020 09:04 PM
As said Very Nice Truck.
They don't come around often in that shape.
Tom
© The Stovebolt Forums