Stovebolt.com
Posted By: Eureka Jim Rear Wheel Cylinder Adjusters Frozen - Fri Nov 09 2018 01:36 AM
Only 3 months old and already rusted tight! Living in Hawaii has its advantages but corrosion isn't one of them. I had to pull the drums off, soak the threads on the cylinders and put a channel lock on them to break them free. Once freed up they're fine but I was surprised at how quickly they had tried to weld themselves into one solid mass. No wonder those pinion wheel seem so fragile!

This isn't much of a topic but it has been a week since anything new in the Ton's of Fun thread so I thought I'd throw it out there.
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: Rear Wheel Cylinder Adjusters Frozen - Fri Nov 09 2018 02:35 AM
Jim, your not the only one that has happened to. I always unscrew them all the way out, clean them up nice and put a touch of grease, or anti-seize, on the thread.....not much and not to where it will get on the shoe....but inside the adjuster.

Nice reminder.
Posted By: Gord&Fran Re: Rear Wheel Cylinder Adjusters Frozen - Fri Nov 09 2018 04:27 AM
Humidity causes rust here too - it also make it feel colder than it is.

Well, at least that pesky volcano has settled down! We have been keeping an eye on the news since we have rented a place to stay in Volcano in January. We wanted to be close to the park so glad to hear it's open again.
© The Stovebolt Forums