Stovebolt.com
Posted By: BretStone 1952 Chevy 3100 - LS swap keep foot starter - Mon Sep 21 2020 03:35 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm not at this stage yet in my build, but I had a question that I was unable to find anywhere. I love the foot starter concept, but I wasn't sure if it was possible to keep this with an LS swap. I'm looking to put in a LQ4, and I would LOVE to keep the factory ignition with the foot stomp. Has anyone here kept theirs?

Thanks,
Bret
Posted By: Rusty Rod Re: 1952 Chevy 3100 - LS swap keep foot starter - Mon Sep 21 2020 08:47 PM
You should just need to re-route the starter solenoid wire through a "stomp" switch from the key switch or wherever your solenoid power is coming from.
Posted By: coilover Re: 1952 Chevy 3100 - LS swap keep foot starter - Tue Sep 22 2020 07:00 AM
I think Hot Rod Lincoln has the number for a tractor starter switch that you can mount the factory stomp starter pad to and once the bellows is in place it's undetectable (PM him). On my Buick (floor foot feed to start) and my Studebaker PU (push clutch pedal down firmly to start) I immediately converted them to key start and did away with two switches and associated wiring.
Posted By: BretStone Re: 1952 Chevy 3100 - LS swap keep foot starter - Tue Sep 22 2020 01:43 PM
Fantastic news guys! Thanks for the info! I'm glad that it's in the realm of possibilities!
Posted By: Hotrod Lincoln Re: 1952 Chevy 3100 - LS swap keep foot starter - Tue Sep 22 2020 09:01 PM
Try a website such as TSC (Tractor Supply Co.) and search for a starter switch for an N-series Ford tractor. (9N, 3N or 8N) It can be mounted to the floor in the position the foot start linkage would normally occupy, and the original pedal button can be adapted to the switch and covered up by the OEM rubber pedal accordion. It's very hard to tell it from the original mechanical linkage without a close inspection.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/tisco-starter-switch-dr405c?cm_vc=-10005

Have fun!
Jerry
Posted By: KEVINSKI Re: 1952 Chevy 3100 - LS swap keep foot starter - Tue Sep 22 2020 09:19 PM
Check out barnfind49 he has the stomp starter on his .there is a video on one of his posts
Posted By: BretStone Re: 1952 Chevy 3100 - LS swap keep foot starter - Wed Sep 23 2020 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
Try a website such as TSC (Tractor Supply Co.) and search for a starter switch for an N-series Ford tractor. (9N, 3N or 8N) It can be mounted to the floor in the position the foot start linkage would normally occupy, and the original pedal button can be adapted to the switch and covered up by the OEM rubber pedal accordion. It's very hard to tell it from the original mechanical linkage without a close inspection.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/tisco-starter-switch-dr405c?cm_vc=-10005

Have fun!
Jerry

Okay I'll check that out for sure. Thanks for that!

Originally Posted by KEVINSKI
Check out barnfind49 he has the stomp starter on his .there is a video on one of his posts

Checking that out now. smile
Posted By: J Lucas Re: 1952 Chevy 3100 - LS swap keep foot starter - Thu Sep 24 2020 08:57 PM
FYI: I bought one last night to have on hand for an upcoming project at the local TSC. They had 2 in stock at $12.99 each.

Thanks for the info. Jerry. thumbs_up

John
© The Stovebolt Forums