Stovebolt.com
Posted By: miraclepieco Vacuum line to brake booster? - Wed Jul 01 2020 12:13 AM
I'm just hooking up the vacuum line to my OG windshield wiper motor. The simplest method is to run a T off the brake booster line. I can't imagine that would cause any issues but I thought I'd ask the experts.
Posted By: 52Carl Re: Vacuum line to brake booster? - Wed Jul 01 2020 03:22 AM
As long as your brake booster has a working check valve, you should be good to go. That check valve is to allow for the booster to retain its function for one more stop in case the engine stops running. It will do the same thing when the wipers are on, doing their intermittent wiper thing. smile
Posted By: miraclepieco Re: Vacuum line to brake booster? - Wed Jul 01 2020 06:53 AM
Thanks Carl. Now that you mention it, I've seen some check valves have T's branching off from them, presumably for other vacuum accessories. Maybe I should try one of those.
Posted By: dwragon Re: Vacuum line to brake booster? - Sun Jul 12 2020 11:00 PM
Just as an added safety precaution, try adding a vacuum chamber ( tin can or bulb seen on so many vehicles) for a little extra reserve for initial starting or accidental dying in the rain (Murphy's Law), I did that with my 54 (hid it under the dash) and it made a world of difference, just dont get too big of a chamber.
Posted By: panic Re: Vacuum line to brake booster? - Mon Jul 13 2020 05:49 PM
I'll just leave this for the experts.
Posted By: Hotrod Lincoln Re: Vacuum line to brake booster? - Thu Jul 16 2020 06:05 PM
A piece of PVC pipe a couple of feet long with caps glued onto both ends and a rubber grommet fitted into one end cap that will accommodate a brake booster check valve makes a good reservoir. Plumb a separate 3/8" or 1/2" vacuum hose to the brake booster and the vacuum trapped in the pipe will allow a couple of brake applications and/or a smooth shift of a 2-speed rear axle after the engine quits. A pipe up to about 4" in diameter fits nicely inside a frame rail under the cab.
Jerry
Posted By: glenns towing Re: Vacuum line to brake booster? - Thu Jul 16 2020 06:08 PM
Another good trick. Ill keep that 1 in mind.
© The Stovebolt Forums