Stovebolt.com
Posted By: Ecratrods Camaro Front Clip - Tue Jan 29 2019 10:40 PM
OK, I got my camaro clip grafted on to my chassis. I dropped in my motor (sbc) and tranny bolted my front end on just for mark up.....I definitely want to drop the front end down. What are you all using and no I do not want air bags. Please post pics what you using and how it rides.
Posted By: showkey Re: Camaro Front Clip - Wed Jan 30 2019 12:33 AM
Drop spindles are the other choice and still use the same springs.
Posted By: MiraclePieCo Re: Camaro Front Clip - Wed Jan 30 2019 02:31 AM
Keep in mind that the front coils will settle some once you start driving it. Also, it's best not to touch anything until you get the FULL WEIGHT on the front (grille, hood, battery, bumper, radiator, etc). My truck had a perfect ride height before I added all those seemingly insignificant parts, but they all add up and ultimately it was too low and I had to replace the springs.

That being said, you can always lop off 1/2 coil at a time until you get it where you like it.

Attached picture 20181021_172003 (Small).jpg
Posted By: MNSmith Re: Camaro Front Clip - Wed Jan 30 2019 05:37 AM
If you go low, you'll have to figure out the width issue.
Posted By: Hotrod Lincoln Re: Camaro Front Clip - Wed Jan 30 2019 04:20 PM
You could do it the right way and use NASCAR style custom-wound springs. All the round track parts places have a wide variety of coil springs available in any height and weight capacity you can imagine. Cutting coils for ride height stiffens the ride to the point you'll need a kidney belt to drive it. Try someplace like Summit or JEGS to shop for springs, or pick up a copy of Circle Track magazine- - - -lots of suspension parts vendors advertise there.
Jerry
Posted By: Apache1 Re: Camaro Front Clip - Wed Jan 30 2019 06:37 PM
QA1's good product...and can fine tune +/- 2" front end height.
© The Stovebolt Forums