Stovebolt.com
Posted By: fireguyfire Floor covering - Sat Sep 15 2018 03:44 AM
I am curious what type of covering would have originally been on the floor of my 1941 fire truck; I’m assuming some kind of rubber floor covering?
Posted By: J M Re: Floor covering - Thu Sep 20 2018 04:12 AM
If it is the standard cab truck I am guessing it would be just the regular rubber floor mat that would have come with the truck from the factory.
Jim
Posted By: Paul_WNC Re: Floor covering - Mon Oct 08 2018 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by fireguyfire
I am curious what type of covering would have originally been on the floor of my 1941 fire truck; I’m assuming some kind of rubber floor covering?

I have no idea if it is a custom open cab model. A 1941 standard closed cab truck had a rubber floor mat. Reproductions are available but I have not had good luck with their quality and would strongly urge you to avoid them. A very inexpensive alternate is to use 1/4 inch thick horse stall matting rubber material purchased by the foot available at farm stores. In the US, Tractor Supply is a good source.
Posted By: signsup Re: Floor covering - Wed Jun 05 2019 08:53 PM
Vehicles of Victory has NOS Chevy 1 1/2 ton cab floor mats. Precut for the standard shift levers and parking brake. If you have an internal control for the PTO, you will need to notch it.
$75 I believe. Jute or horsehair backing.
© The Stovebolt Forums